licence problem

Post by Moray » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Dear reader,

A few weeks ago I installed Exchange 5.5 per server for xx connections. I
entered 8 users in Exchange as a client. I have increased the licence up to
30 connections but my eventlog is still giving "the product is out of
licences". The licence manager has a part "clients per seat" and their I see
warning-symbols.

How to get rid of the warning-messages?

Thanks for your help

Moray

licence problem

Post by Jamie Brook » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I recently had the exact same problem. First, try adding more licenses in
your license manager. If this doesn't work, you will probably have to
reinstall Exchange (that's what I had to do).

By the way, what license mode are you using (per server or per seat); you
can find this information in the control panel (licensing).

Quote:> Dear reader,

> A few weeks ago I installed Exchange 5.5 per server for xx connections. I
> entered 8 users in Exchange as a client. I have increased the licence up
> 30 connections but my eventlog is still giving "the product is out of
> licences". The licence manager has a part "clients per seat" and their I
see
> warning-symbols.

> How to get rid of the warning-messages?

> Thanks for your help

> Moray

licence problem

Post by William Lefkovic » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

The best way to rid yourself of these messages is to just disable the
license logging service.

It has never really worked.  You still need to maintain your licenses of
course.

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+

Quote:> Dear reader,

> A few weeks ago I installed Exchange 5.5 per server for xx connections. I
> entered 8 users in Exchange as a client. I have increased the licence up
> 30 connections but my eventlog is still giving "the product is out of
> licences". The licence manager has a part "clients per seat" and their I
see
> warning-symbols.

> How to get rid of the warning-messages?

> Thanks for your help

> Moray

licence problem

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I recently had the exact same problem. First, try adding more licenses in
> your license manager. If this doesn't work, you will probably have to
> reinstall Exchange (that's what I had to do).

> By the way, what license mode are you using (per server or per seat); you
> can find this information in the control panel (licensing).

    If he's using version 5.5, the license mode question is a moot one;
Exchange 5.5 can only be licensed in Per Seat mode.  The License Logging
Service is a nice idea in theory, but the execution leaves much to be
desired.  I recommend to everybody that they just disable the service and
track their licenses manually.  As long as # of Per Seat licenses => # of
PCs, you're in good shape.

1. licence problem

    hi all,

    i upgraded my my server from small business backoffice to regular
backoffice. everything was working fine for a month. now i start getting
errors on clients computers that there are no licence available for exchange
server. i added additional licence in licence manager, reboot my server but
in a few hours i get the same error message. the amount of users has not
increased so i dont understand why i am getting this error even after i add
additional licences. Please help. All the help will be appreciated.

2. Auto Reply

3. Licence problem when upgrading Exchnge 5.0 -> 5.5

4. routing issues

5. Outlook denies access - Client licence problem

6. Managing large database size

7. licence problem

8. Best website for Exchange tips and tricks

9. Exchng Srvr 5 Client licence problem

10. Exchange Licence problem

11. Client Access problem: Server says licence is full but have 24 licences left

12. Exchange 5.5 trial and licence key