preventing users from receiving email

Post by Victo » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:56:05

I want some users to receive only email sent internal and
also for them to be able to send internally but I do not
want them to be able to send email outside the exchange
organization or be able to receive from outside the
organization

preventing users from receiving email

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:05:56

Here is a link that explains how this can be done:

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> I want some users to receive only email sent internal and
> also for them to be able to send internally but I do not
> want them to be able to send email outside the exchange
> organization or be able to receive from outside the
> organization

1. Receiving Internet email - how to prevent, per user?

What is the best method to temporarily prevent a user from receiving
Internet email, ie. only allowing them to receive mail from recipients on
the same Exchange server?

I can configure an SMTP connector and use delivery restrictions to prevent
outbound Internet email, however I cannot easily prevent this inbound.

Some methods mention changing the user's SMTP address to include a fake
domain name, however this isn't a great fix and results in the sender being
told that the user doesn't exist. I would prefer for them to receive a
message saying that the user is not allowed to receive mail from them.

I am fairly sure this can be achieved programmatically, however, before
heading down this route, I am keen to know has anyone has found a method
that doesn't involve any coding? That said, I would also be grateful for any
links to suitable code samples.

Many thanks,
John

2. Autoreply from a distribution list

3. Prevent users from sending or receiving smtp email

4. OE, IMAP and Exch 5.5 = "Could Not List The Folders"

5. Preventing users from sending or receiving smtp email

6. ADC for Exchange 2000

7. Receiving Internet email - how to prevent, per user?

8. Help determining the number of pop and the number of MAPI clients.

9. IMS - Prevent User from receiving Mails

10. a user cannot receive a email sent by particular user

11. Not receiving email at 2nd Internet email address specified for user

12. Preventing external email for certain users?

13. Prevent users from senting email to home accounts?