Reinstalling Exchange - what should I know

Reinstalling Exchange - what should I know

Post by e_w_de » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Recently while installing exchange 5.5 service pack 2, I got a message
stating that some files were corrupted and exchange 5,5 needs to b
reinstalled.

I have good backups - is there anything else I need to know about
reinstalling Exchange 5.5. Which procedure should I use? I assume that it
will keep all mailbox information currently setup and OWA in place.

Anything I should look be aware or?

Reinstalling Exchange - what should I know

Post by Amiri Jon » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Recently while installing exchange 5.5 service pack 2, I got a message
>stating that some files were corrupted and exchange 5,5 needs to b
>reinstalled.

>I have good backups - is there anything else I need to know about
>reinstalling Exchange 5.5. Which procedure should I use? I assume that it
>will keep all mailbox information currently setup and OWA in place.

        Read the disaster recovery whitepaper at
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/55/whpprs/BackupRestore.htm.  It will
answer most, if not all, of your questions.

1. Reinstalling Exchange - what should I know

Recently while installing exchange 5.5 service pack 2, I got a message
stating that some files were corrupted and exchange 5,5 needs to b
reinstalled.

I have good backups - is there anything else I need to know about
reinstalling Exchange 5.5. Which procedure should I use? I assume that it
will keep all mailbox information currently setup and OWA in place.

Anything I should look be aware or?

2. Pls Help: Exchange 2000 server doesn't receive Internet mail

3. A 5.5 server in another domain and the GAL

4. How to reinstall OWA without reinstalling Exchange?

5. Oversize limit problems !

6. if(exchsrv reinstalled) clients=reinstall?;

7. relaying

8. Does removing and reinstalling IIS require reinstall of exch 2000

9. Service Account change (I know, I know)

10. Reinstall Exchange 2000 and join him into existing Site on Exchange 5.5

11. Exchange server 4, and exchange client - known incompatibilities??