Undeliverable Errors - Help Needed

Post by Paul » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

We've just completed a migration from CC:Mail to Exchange 5.5sp2.  All our
users are now on Exchange though we still have a CC:Mail connector in place
on one of the servers until we transfer several Bulletin Boards / Admin
accounts.

Occasionally, our users get Undeliverables when sending to recipients within
our site.  These usually occur when replying to messages and take the form
of:

Quote:-----Original Message-----
From: System Administrator
Sent: 27 May 1999 09:07
To: AAA;BBB
Subject: Undeliverable: RE: Dept. operations

      Subject: RE: Dept. operations
      Sent: 27/05/99 09:07

      AAA on 27/05/99 09:07
            The recipient name is not recognized
 The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=GB;a=
;p=MIRA;l=EXNT01-990527080649Z-14008
            MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:Nuneaton:EXNT01

      BBB on 27/05/99 09:07
            The recipient name is not recognized
 The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=GB;a=
;p=MIRA;l=EXNT01-990527080649Z-14008
            MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:Nuneaton:EXNT01

Can anyone shed any light as to why this may be happening, there doesn't
seem to be any pattern to it and it varies in who it affects.

TIA for any help or suggestions

Paul

Undeliverable Errors - Help Needed

Post by Brian Beise » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

If this is happening with the same users, check their PAB's and see if they
have any internal recipients  in their PAB's.  If there are, they are
probably the ones the NDR's are coming from.  You should remove these names
and then re-add them.  I don't know why this is but it worked for me.

Quote:> We've just completed a migration from CC:Mail to Exchange 5.5sp2.  All our
> users are now on Exchange though we still have a CC:Mail connector in
place
> on one of the servers until we transfer several Bulletin Boards / Admin
> accounts.

> Occasionally, our users get Undeliverables when sending to recipients
within
> our site.  These usually occur when replying to messages and take the form

1. Undeliverable Errors - Help Needed

We've just completed a migration from CC:Mail to Exchange 5.5sp2.  All our
users are now on Exchange though we still have a CC:Mail connector in place
on one of the servers until we transfer several Bulletin Boards / Admin
accounts.

Occasionally, our users get Undeliverables when sending to recipients within
our site.  These usually occur when replying to messages and take the form
of:

2. ESEUTIL & SP4

3. Help Needed -- Undeliverable Messages

4. Last name first?

5. Help needed with exchange error message needed

6. Defrag steps

7. Network error during host resolution (Undeliverable Internet mail error)

8. view dl members in outlook 2k

9. NEED HELP ASAP --- Outbound messages waiting delivery --- NEED HELP ASAP

10. need to stop email keep trying to re-send to undeliverable address

11. EventDetails.Session.GetMessage Error - need help

12. Exchange Fax Error - need help

13. CDO error help needed