Tracking log vs Transaction log

Post by Alan » Tue, 06 May 2003 13:24:29

Can someone explain the difference?

Thanks

Tracking log vs Transaction log

Post by AL » Tue, 06 May 2003 21:34:22

tracking logs are used for message tracking purposes i.e. they track every
message sent in and out of your exchange server.

transaction logs are used to minimize response times for user requests and
provide fault tolerance by reconstructing data, in the event of an abornmal
shutdown.

Cheers
Allan L.

Quote:> Can someone explain the difference?

> Thanks

Tracking log vs Transaction log

Post by Alan » Tue, 06 May 2003 23:30:13

Thanks!

> tracking logs are used for message tracking purposes i.e. they track every
> message sent in and out of your exchange server.

> transaction logs are used to minimize response times for user requests and
> provide fault tolerance by reconstructing data, in the event of an
abornmal
> shutdown.

> Cheers
> Allan L.

> > Can someone explain the difference?

> > Thanks

1. Circular Logging & Transaction Logs

I've inherited a network where circular logging is enabled (bad thing)
however they the IS, DS, and all transaction logs on the same drive (D:).

Any reason why I shouldn't disable circular logging in this configuration?

If I one of my techs forgot to perform backups for a couple of weeks
(yes....a bad thing) this may cause drive D: to become full. Would that
crash the server or merely halt the IS until either a backup was performed
or the logs deleted?

MV

2. HELP!!! Download mails from internet

3. Log file analysis for Exchange tracking logs

4. Update on this posting

5. Translating Exchange Server log files in tracking.log directory

6. POP3 and IMAP intergration

7. Tracking IMAP messages with the Tracking Log

8. remote mmc with active directory

9. Message Tracking, Tracking.Log

10. Exchsrvr\Tracking.log file not generated when enable message tracking is checked

11. clearing logs dlv????.log and snd????.log

12. Exchange Store Transaction Logs

13. Transaction log