Help with lack of message retreival

Post by Brenda Gie » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have a user who is offsite and uses a cable modem for his internet access.
I also have a cable modem hooked up in the office for internet
access...............to the same ISP.

We have taken this a step further and added RRAS and PPTP to the server so
we can take advantage of the VPN connection.  So, my offsite user accesses
the network through the cable modem.

The server has NT4/sp3, Exchange server 5.5, Proxy 2, IIS4 on it.  The user
has NT4 wkstation/sp3, Outlook 8.03.

The offsite user is able to get to my server without using the VPN
connection due to the fact that we are using the same ISP (same IP
addresses).

The problem:
My offsite user does not receive his mail in a timely manner.  He has to
click on check for new mail, where he gets mail that was sent hours earlier.
This happens with both methods of connections.  Sometimes, he may start with
the VPN connection and everything will be fine, but the longer he stays
connected, the worse the e-mail responses are.

Any ideas will be helpful.

Brenda Gies
The Buckle, Inc.

1. Deleted message retreival !!!

We currently have exchange server 5.5 installed on our network.

There is no e-mail tracking enabled, and the tombstone is not set to hold
deleted email content at all.

However, we have a dire need to retreive deleted emails going back almost
twelve months.

Is there any way in the world that we could retreive the email data from the
hard drive and reconstruct the messages

Phil Adams

2. Rights to backup

3. Retreival of Mail through a Router

4. GAL Database?

5. E-mail retreival only

6. WAP

7. Intermitent Slow retreival of attachments

8. What do these achronymes.

9. E2K - POP3 connector retreival probs

10. E2K - POP3 conn. retreival issues