Multiple emails sent when sending to distribution list.

Multiple emails sent when sending to distribution list.

Post by Jerry Maso » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 05:09:37

I have a Win NT4 server with MS Exchange 5.5  SP 4.  When we send emails to a
distribution list of outside addresses, some of the recipients complain that they
recieve the message up to a dozen times over the course of the day.  Others may
get it multiple times and just have not said anything.  I had found one article
in the knowledge base that had a similar problem.  It suggested that I update the
service pack, which I did, but the problem persists.  Any suggestions?

Multiple emails sent when sending to distribution list.

Post by IBGeek' » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 04:39:58

Verify that the distribution lists are not nested in a loop.
Quote:-----Original Message-----

.

Post by IBGeek' » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 04:40:03

Verify that the distribution lists are not nested in a loop.
Quote:-----Original Message-----

I have a Win NT4 server with MS Exchange 5.5  SP 4.  When we send emails to a
distribution list of outside addresses, some of the recipients complain that they
recieve the message up to a dozen times over the course of the day.  Others may
get it multiple times and just have not said anything.  I had found one article
in the knowledge base that had a similar problem.  It suggested that I update the
service pack, which I did, but the problem persists.  Any suggestions?
.

Multiple emails sent when sending to distribution list.

Post by Jerr » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:08:15

Where would I check that?  These are just lists within Exchange.
Quote:-----Original Message-----

Verify that the distribution lists are not nested in a loop.