How do you move information store to another hard drive

How do you move information store to another hard drive

Post by Damon Wynn » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I am looking at moving a larger exchange information store to another hard
drive/raid on the same server.  Has anyone tried this?  and if so, what
steps do I need to look out for?

Cheers

Damon

How do you move information store to another hard drive

Post by Chris Schar » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

Do a complete backup and then use the Exchange optimizer.

Quote:>Hi

>I am looking at moving a larger exchange information store to another hard
>drive/raid on the same server.  Has anyone tried this?  and if so, what
>steps do I need to look out for?

>Cheers

>Damon

How do you move information store to another hard drive

Post by Amiri Jone » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

I haven't done it, but the process is simple.  Run Exchange Optimizer,
and change the recommendations it makes for the location of the
Information Stores if you don't like where it wants to put them.  It
should be as smooth as glass, but always make sure you have a good
backup before you engage in a major system change.

> Hi

> I am looking at moving a larger exchange information store to another hard
> drive/raid on the same server.  Has anyone tried this?  and if so, what
> steps do I need to look out for?

> Cheers

> Damon

1. Pull Email Off of Information Store and Hold On User's Hard Drive

Hi:

We're using Exchange 5.5 right now and I would like to know how to have the
user's email be stored offline on the user's hard drive instead of it being
held in the Information Store (priv.edb).

That file's getting too big and we almost lost it after a Microsoft
loop-hole and a virus got through.

How do I do this?

2. Strange License Issue (no licenses available)

3. moving 5.5 stores to another hard drive

4. how do I filter .exe attachments

5. Moving drive M to another new hard drive

6. Messag cannot be deleted

7. Moving Exchange server from Primary (C) drive to secondary hard drive

8. SP2 or SP3

9. Help! Moving information store to another hard disk

10. Moving Exchange Information Store to another Drive?

11. Move Private/Public Information Stores to different drive