Exchange & ISP Connectivity

Post by Steve Kirb » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

The Exchange problem we are having is as follows.

Hardware Dell Power Edge - 2 Processors - 512MB RAM.

Windows NT 4.0 SP3, Swap Configured for 612MB on C:\

The Internet Mail Service account sometimes starts on boot-up. However you
cannot restart the service from C.Panel - Services.

The error message reads "initialisation failure of dll
c:\winnt\system32\user32.dll

The NT event log has two errors 7000
THE Microsoft Exchange IMS service failed to start due to the following
error.

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

and 7009 which is a timeout message.

This may be a separate problem  but

Mail can be sent out from the service, tested to my office e-mail.

However no e-mail have been received.

1. MS Exchange Server and dail-up ISP connectivity

All,

I want to install MS Exchange Server for the experience
and to experiment development of Outlook/Exchange
applications.

Is there any way that I can run Exchange Server at home on
a dedicated machine on a small LAN AND have it deal with
my incoming/outgoing Internet email over a normal ISP dail-
up connection?

Stefano

2. Replies are returned

3. ISP Connectivity White Paper - Configuring Exchange

4. SP3 Multiple Delete Problem

5. Exchange 5.5 & Exchange 2000 Connectivity

6. Help: Slow MTA response

7. Exchange 5.5 & exchange 2000 connectivity

8. New Domain, E-mail problems

9. Internet Mail Service, RAS, and ISP connectivity

10. Exchange 5.5 & Exchange 2000 Connectivity

11. Exchange 5.5 & XP Pro connectivity