OWA IIS on Exchange box but web server is on other box

OWA IIS on Exchange box but web server is on other box

Post by BigHai » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I've got OWA setup on an exchange server (EXC1), running IIS and i also have an IIS server hosting sites on the internet (WEB1) also running on
the local network.

. The problem I have is that I want to create an internet site that has access to OWA on EXC1,  from the internet.  How can I do this?  I need OWA to be on EXC1 because I need NTLM.  Do I need to move the virtual directory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,
        Haig

OWA IIS on Exchange box but web server is on other box

Post by Ben Smith [MVP » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You would be better off moving OWA to your Internet web server and using
Basic Authentication.  If security is an issue, then implement SSL.

--
Ben Smith  MCT, MCSE, MVP

See the FAQs at http://www.ntquestion.com

Hello,
I've got OWA setup on an exchange server (EXC1), running IIS and i also have
an IIS server hosting sites on the internet (WEB1) also running on
the local network.

. The problem I have is that I want to create an internet site that has
access to OWA on EXC1,  from the internet.  How can I do this?  I need OWA
to be on EXC1 because I need NTLM.  Do I need to move the virtual directory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,
        Haig

1. OWA and WEB server on different boxes

Hello,
I've got OWA setup on an exchange server (EXC1), running IIS and i also have an IIS server hosting sites on the internet (WEB1) also running on
the local network.

. The problem I have is that I want to create an internet site that has access to OWA on EXC1,  from the internet.  How can I do this?  I need OWA to be on EXC1 because I need NTLM.  Do I need to move the virtual directory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,
        Haig

2. Exchange Online Back

3. OWA forwarded to another IIS box?

4. MEC2000 Post-Conference CD - never received it

5. IIS points to OWA on other box as default page

6. Exchange 2000 System Messages Public Folder

7. Ex2K/OWA on one box - Win2k/IIS on another

8. Confused

9. Merge exchange 5.5 mail box to exchange 2003 mail box

10. Web access - Active Server on one box exchange on another

11. Exchange 5.5 data transfer to another box for a rebuild of Org Box

12. Restoration of Two Exchange boxes onto one DR box