E-mail notification - any ideas please?

Post by Steve Cad » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 01:27:08

I would like to be able to realise the following functionality within
Microsoft Exchange / Outlook, can anyone suggest how to do it?

User receives a message on their home server
User is automatically sent a notification that the message has arrived to an
external e-mail address
User checks third-party mailbox and realises there is a message waiting on
home server
User logs into home server via VPN and reads original message

ahe reason for this is that we have a number of off-site consultants who do
not want to VPN in each day to check their e-mail, but do check a
third-party e-mail account daily.

I've looked in the Outlook rules but cannot see anything suitable. Ideally
I'd like to configure this to only fire when the original message is from
certain addresses, and configure it globally for a group of users.

Any ideas?  Do you think this is the right solution?

Thanks.

Steve

E-mail notification - any ideas please?

Post by William Lefkovic » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 01:41:45

You look to be inviting the notion of mail loops.

William

Quote:> I would like to be able to realise the following functionality within
> Microsoft Exchange / Outlook, can anyone suggest how to do it?

> User receives a message on their home server
> User is automatically sent a notification that the message has arrived to
an
> external e-mail address
> User checks third-party mailbox and realises there is a message waiting on
> home server
> User logs into home server via VPN and reads original message

> ahe reason for this is that we have a number of off-site consultants who
do
> not want to VPN in each day to check their e-mail, but do check a
> third-party e-mail account daily.

> I've looked in the Outlook rules but cannot see anything suitable. Ideally
> I'd like to configure this to only fire when the original message is from
> certain addresses, and configure it globally for a group of users.

> Any ideas?  Do you think this is the right solution?

> Thanks.

> Steve

E-mail notification - any ideas please?

Post by Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 05:06:08

See if any of the information here is useful to you:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm

And William is right - you should watch out for mail loops.  Otherwise, you
could use http://www.myvisto.com for the notification service.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

When posting an Outlook problem, please give the version year and mode. (See
Help->About, second line in Outlook 98 or 2000 for the mode, Internet Mail
Only or
Corporate or Workgroup.) Post all questions/replies to the newsgroups,
unsolicited personal requests are deleted without reading.

| I would like to be able to realise the following functionality within
| Microsoft Exchange / Outlook, can anyone suggest how to do it?
|
| User receives a message on their home server
| User is automatically sent a notification that the message has arrived to
an
| external e-mail address
| User checks third-party mailbox and realises there is a message waiting on
| home server
| User logs into home server via VPN and reads original message
|
| ahe reason for this is that we have a number of off-site consultants who
do
| not want to VPN in each day to check their e-mail, but do check a
| third-party e-mail account daily.
|
| I've looked in the Outlook rules but cannot see anything suitable. Ideally
| I'd like to configure this to only fire when the original message is from
| certain addresses, and configure it globally for a group of users.
|
| Any ideas?  Do you think this is the right solution?
|
| Thanks.
|
| Steve

E-mail notification - any ideas please?

Post by Steve Cad » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:35:51

Thanks for replying.

I've looked at using web-based e-mail accounts but we don't want company
sensitive information sitting on other people's servers.  I've also looked
at the notification programs on slipstick.com but they all seem to assume
that the user will have a PC attached to the network, which rather defeats
what I'm trying to do.

Mailing looping shouldn't be a problem provided that the solution can be
configured to react differently to different e-mail addresses.

The search continues...

> See if any of the information here is useful to you:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm

> And William is right - you should watch out for mail loops.  Otherwise,
you
> could use http://www.myvisto.com for the notification service.

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> When posting an Outlook problem, please give the version year and mode.
(See
> Help->About, second line in Outlook 98 or 2000 for the mode, Internet Mail
> Only or
> Corporate or Workgroup.) Post all questions/replies to the newsgroups,
> unsolicited personal requests are deleted without reading.

> | I would like to be able to realise the following functionality within
> | Microsoft Exchange / Outlook, can anyone suggest how to do it?
> |
> | User receives a message on their home server
> | User is automatically sent a notification that the message has arrived
> an
> | external e-mail address
> | User checks third-party mailbox and realises there is a message waiting
on
> | home server
> | User logs into home server via VPN and reads original message
> |
> | ahe reason for this is that we have a number of off-site consultants who
> do
> | not want to VPN in each day to check their e-mail, but do check a
> | third-party e-mail account daily.
> |
> | I've looked in the Outlook rules but cannot see anything suitable.
Ideally
> | I'd like to configure this to only fire when the original message is
from
> | certain addresses, and configure it globally for a group of users.
> |
> | Any ideas?  Do you think this is the right solution?
> |
> | Thanks.
> |
> | Steve

E-mail notification - any ideas please?

Post by Nuno Rafae » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:35:52

Sorry people,

Visto sucks...
Synchronizing two or more machines running outlook throught  a web
application like Visto?
You cannot do anymore...
The Visto.com used to offer for downloading a java application called Visto
Assistant.
Well, they sell it now. I dont know for how much....
My last download of this application was the 4.9 version on August, 14th,
2000.
I never managed to succed the synchronization between my email on Visto and
my outlook client.
Do you know any web application that works, or, any of you have a more
recent Visto Assistant version?
I really need to download my email stucked on my visto account.

Nuno

> Thanks for replying.

> I've looked at using web-based e-mail accounts but we don't want company
> sensitive information sitting on other people's servers.  I've also looked
> at the notification programs on slipstick.com but they all seem to assume
> that the user will have a PC attached to the network, which rather defeats
> what I'm trying to do.

> Mailing looping shouldn't be a problem provided that the solution can be
> configured to react differently to different e-mail addresses.

> The search continues...

> > See if any of the information here is useful to you:
> > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm

> > And William is right - you should watch out for mail loops.  Otherwise,
> you
> > could use http://www.myvisto.com for the notification service.

> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> > When posting an Outlook problem, please give the version year and mode.
> (See
> > Help->About, second line in Outlook 98 or 2000 for the mode, Internet
Mail
> > Only or
> > Corporate or Workgroup.) Post all questions/replies to the newsgroups,
> > unsolicited personal requests are deleted without reading.

> > | I would like to be able to realise the following functionality within
> > | Microsoft Exchange / Outlook, can anyone suggest how to do it?
> > |
> > | User receives a message on their home server
> > | User is automatically sent a notification that the message has arrived
> > an
> > | external e-mail address
> > | User checks third-party mailbox and realises there is a message
waiting
> on
> > | home server
> > | User logs into home server via VPN and reads original message
> > |
> > | ahe reason for this is that we have a number of off-site consultants
who
> > do
> > | not want to VPN in each day to check their e-mail, but do check a
> > | third-party e-mail account daily.
> > |
> > | I've looked in the Outlook rules but cannot see anything suitable.
> Ideally
> > | I'd like to configure this to only fire when the original message is
> from
> > | certain addresses, and configure it globally for a group of users.
> > |
> > | Any ideas?  Do you think this is the right solution?
> > |
> > | Thanks.
> > |
> > | Steve

1. E-mail notification - any ideas please?

[...]

2. OWA random repeated logon prompts

3. Notification on an open e-mail Help Please

4. Hide GAL?

5. Out of idea's, please help!

6. Internet Address Resolving to Exchange Server User

7. Ideas please

8. exchange programming

9. loosing connection please help, running out of ideas..

10. Ideas please - Adding another domain to my Ex svr 5.5

11. I need a LOT of opinions and ideas PLEASE

12. Need LOTS of opinions and Ideas PLEASE

13. loosing connection please help, running out of ideas..