Exchange 5.5 Chat Server Questions

Post by Matthew Cat » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Can you tell me if there is a way to create a transcript of a chat session
in Exchange Chat Server?
In other words, I would like to be able to write to a text file what was
said during a chat session. I didn't see anything in the docs about it, but
thought it might be a feature I had read about on the MS web site maybe?

Also, I want to create a chat account in the Registry to
restrict access to channels. The docs say to go to
HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\
ChatSvc\Parameters\Accounts and add a key and set permissions on it. I can't
find this. It stops at HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\
ChatSvc\

Parameters isn't a key. Is this correct? What should I do?

Thanks,

Matthew Cate

1. Exchange 5.5 Chat Server Questions

Can you tell me if there is a way to create a transcript of a chat session
in Exchange Chat Server?
In other words, I would like to be able to write to a text file what was
said during a chat session. I didn't see anything in the docs about it, but
thought it might be a feature I had read about on the MS web site maybe?

Also, I want to create a chat account in the Registry to
restrict access to channels. The docs say to go to
HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\
ChatSvc\Parameters\Accounts and add a key and set permissions on it. I can't
find this. It stops at HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\
ChatSvc\

Parameters isn't a key. Is this correct? What should I do?

Thanks,

Matthew Cate

2. Microsoft exchange server - remove program

3. Outlook Web Access

4. Help-Create a Chat Room on Exchange 5.5 Chat Server

5. Rules not working and wierd mail delivery

6. Exchange 5.5 Chat Service Questions

7. Application log getting full of POP3 Auth failuire

8. Chat Server on IIS4.0 - Exchange Server 5.5

9. Exchange Chat 5.5 server-to-server protocol

10. Setup a Chat Server using Exchange 5.5 Server

11. MSN Chat control and Exchange Chat server

12. Help::Create a Room in Exchange(5.5) Chat Server