Exchange services stop unexpectedly

Post by AI » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:47:31

Hello,

Please refer to XADM: Services Stop Unexpectedly After You Install Service
Pack 1 While Trend Micro ScanMail 5.0 Is Also Installed (Q308600) at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308600

Regards,

Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> I have been having a problem with Exchange 2K services
> along with WWW services shutting down unexpectedly.
> Previous problems with this led to computers in the
> network sending "browse Master" alerts to the DC; I have
> seen some of the clients in my network currently running
> browse master which I had them disable.  However, this
> problem keeps cropping up.  I am curious if Licenses
> services would cause these events to happen.  The reason I
> ask is that I have seen errors in the event viewer
> alerting to license issues.  Anybody got an idea?

> Mike

Exchange services stop unexpectedly

Post by Mike Krie » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:45:10

I am currently running SP2 to Exchange 2K  will review the
artical.

Mike

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello,

>Please refer to XADM: Services Stop Unexpectedly After
You Install Service
>Pack 1 While Trend Micro ScanMail 5.0 Is Also Installed
(Q308600) at
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q308600

>Regards,

>Intermedia.NET (AI)
>Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
>Providing expertise in hosting applications
>MS Exchange Hosting:

http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Quote:>Windows 2000 Web Hosting:

http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting

>For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

>> I have been having a problem with Exchange 2K services
>> along with WWW services shutting down unexpectedly.
>> Previous problems with this led to computers in the
>> network sending "browse Master" alerts to the DC; I have
>> seen some of the clients in my network currently running
>> browse master which I had them disable.  However, this
>> problem keeps cropping up.  I am curious if Licenses
>> services would cause these events to happen.  The
reason I
>> ask is that I have seen errors in the event viewer
>> alerting to license issues.  Anybody got an idea?

>> Mike

>.

Exchange services stop unexpectedly

Post by Matthew L Mandale » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:13:23

This may be considered a simple answer....but, it drove me crazy on one of
our machines.

How much drive space do you have available?  One of our Exchange servers
shuts itself down when the drive space reaches a certain low.

> I am currently running SP2 to Exchange 2K  will review the
> artical.

> Mike

1. Exchange Services Stop Unexpectedly

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a strange problem with my exchange server, which is
one of two
domain controllers in our Windows 2000 network. Every month, at about the
same time/day
each month, a number of services suddenly stop. Each time this happens,
our capability to
send and receive email is disabled. Even though the services have been
set to restart
automatically, after several terminations in one day, some of them are
eventually left at
"starting." This affects our email, and the server has to be rebooted,
after which it
performs normally for the next month.

Below is a sample of the logged event:

Event Type: Error
Event Source:   Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID:   7031
Date:       7/17/2003
Time:       2:35:30 PM
User:       N/A
Computer:   PG-EXCHANGE-01
The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be
taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The errors occur for the following services as well:

IMAP4
World Wide Web Publishing Service
SMTP
NNTP
IIS Admin Service

Happens once per month at around the same time. Anyone have an idea as to
what might be causing this, or
how to track down the source?

Thanks for any advice!

Ston

2. share calendars across NT domains...

3. IISADMIN Service Stops unexpectedly

4. Trouble Using GALMODCA

5. Performance Logs & Alerts service stops unexpectedly

6. Problem receiving attachments

7. OWA service unexpectedly stops working

8. 3rd party content filters

9. IMC & IS services stop unexpectedly

10. HELP!!! IS Service stopped unexpectedly

11. Services Stopping unexpectedly

12. Information store stops unexpectedly