Outlook Express 5.0 and MS Exchange

Post by Bob » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

How can you get Outlook Express 5.0  to connect to MS Exchange?  We want to
be able to use Outlook Express 5.0 on some clients and Outlook 98/2000 on
others.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Bob Wadsworth

Outlook Express 5.0 and MS Exchange

Post by Ed Crowle » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Enable IMAP or (ugh) POP3.  Set up SMTP so that it will reroute outbound
messages from these clients.  It's all documented.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP
Senior Consultant

> How can you get Outlook Express 5.0  to connect to MS Exchange?  We want
> be able to use Outlook Express 5.0 on some clients and Outlook 98/2000 on
> others.  Is there a way to do this?

> Thanks,

> Bob Wadsworth

Outlook Express 5.0 and MS Exchange

Post by Fitton, Stephe » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I was under the impression this was not possible.  I tried doing it here
and I simply could not find a way in the client to reconfigure Outlook
to see the server.  However, I think I was reading in the client folder
how to use LDAP to see the address list.  Check it out.