Configure cc:Mail connector. In a word..........

Configure cc:Mail connector. In a word..........

Post by Alan Racze » Sat, 08 Nov 1997 04:00:00

H E L P !

I need to configure the cc:Mail connector in Exchange Server  5.0, SP1.
Our cc:Mail post office (of which is taken care of by someone else)is on
a NetWare server.

Questions:

1. In the cc:mail connector Post Office tab, what password do I need to
put in for the password box? Admin for cc:Mail?????

2. Regarding connecting to 2 cc:mail post offices, information I have
says you cannot configure one cc:mail connector for 2 post offices, is
this true? (cc:mail needs to be running ADE or I need 2 Exchange
servers??!!!??)

3. Lastly (for now) can I configure the connector as a "test" setup and
not have any problems with both mail systems. I do not want any
confusion on messaging on either side. In other words, "disable"
messaging but still be able to put in configuration parameters.

Any EXPERT out there that can help? I would appreciate someone with whom
I can have an ongoing dialog, but any help is well appreciated. I know
of Tech Net "Training..." article and readme.wri on Exchange CD.

Thanks.

Please email replies, as I may forget about this post!

Configure cc:Mail connector. In a word..........

Post by Philip J. Morrison, Jr » Sat, 08 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have setup and supported cc:Mail to Exchange connectivity for the Tumpane
Services Corporation at NAS Whiting Field.  Tumpane has Exchange, but the
Navy has cc:Mail.  We had to have connectivity to the Public Works office
via email and a cc:Mail to Exchange connector was how we did it.

Now that I have given you my experience, Here are some answers, and maybe
some more questions, to your questions.
1. In the cc:mail connector Post Office tab, what password do I need to put
in for the password box? Admin for cc:Mail?????
The Post Office Name, Path and Password all refer to settings on the cc:Mail
Post Office, so the answer is Yes.

2. Regarding connecting to 2 cc:mail post offices, information I have says
you cannot configure one cc:mail connector for 2 post offices, is this true?
(cc:mail needs to be running ADE or I need 2 Exchange servers??!!!??)
Are the two cc:Mail post offices connected already?  You could just connect
the two cc:Mail post offices without Exchange.  Once they are connected, the
Exchange server should be able to send to both.

3. Lastly (for now) can I configure the connector as a "test" setup and not
have any problems with both mail systems. I do not want any confusion on
messaging on either side. In other words, "disable" messaging but still be
able to put in configuration parameters.
So long as you don't put anything in the import and export containers,
directory replication will not happen.  You could still type in the address
manually and it would go through, but if you don't have connectivity from
cc:Mail to Exchange, it's not going to be a problem.

Hope this helps.

--
Philip J. Morrison, Jr. MCP
SolutionWorks

>H E L P !

>I need to configure the cc:Mail connector in Exchange Server  5.0, SP1.
>Our cc:Mail post office (of which is taken care of by someone else)is on
>a NetWare server.

>Questions:

>1. In the cc:mail connector Post Office tab, what password do I need to
>put in for the password box? Admin for cc:Mail?????

>2. Regarding connecting to 2 cc:mail post offices, information I have
>says you cannot configure one cc:mail connector for 2 post offices, is
>this true? (cc:mail needs to be running ADE or I need 2 Exchange
>servers??!!!??)

>3. Lastly (for now) can I configure the connector as a "test" setup and
>not have any problems with both mail systems. I do not want any
>confusion on messaging on either side. In other words, "disable"
>messaging but still be able to put in configuration parameters.

>Any EXPERT out there that can help? I would appreciate someone with whom
>I can have an ongoing dialog, but any help is well appreciated. I know
>of Tech Net "Training..." article and readme.wri on Exchange CD.

>Thanks.

>Please email replies, as I may forget about this post!

begin 600 Philip J. Morrison Jr. MCP.vcf
<encoded_portion_removed>
end

1. Configure cc:Mail connector. In a word..........

[...]

2. Can Windows Messenger for Macintosh Be Used with Exchange 2000?

3. Outlook rule

4. To configure Connector to CC:Mail

5. Deathly silence to simple question!

6. cc:mail connector and site connector

7. HELP! Backup Exec restore failed and I'm gonna be dead meat in the AM

8. configure cc:Mail address generator prior to extraction

9. cc:Mail connector mail delivery frequency

10. Mail not sent to cc:Mail via connector

11. cc:Mail Migration to cc:Mail