Exchange 4.0 to 5.5 on New Hardware

Post by David E. Thom » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

I've got a project coming up that involves migrating an
Exchange 4.0 / NT 3.51 (SP5) setup to Exchange 5.5 / NT 4.0
on new hardware.

I'm trying to determine the best approach to this.  For instance, should I
upgrade to 5.5 on the existing hardware and then move it all over, or
install 4.0 on the new server
and then upgrade etc.

Any advice and /or 'heads up' on potential problems is
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

David E. Thomas
Rivercrest Technologies, Inc.

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

1. Exchange 4.0 to Exchange 5.5 on New Hardware

At present I have an exchange 4.0 mail server running on a old  Olivetti
Server, we want to install a new server installed with exchange 5.5.  Is
there on easy way of exporting the data from my old server and importing it
into the new server, I will be using the same names and organisation details
on the new server as the old server.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Setting perms on PUBLIC FOLDERS?

3. Moving Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 to new Hardware

4. Content filtering

5. Need info on moving Exchange Server 5.5 to new domain as well as on new hardware

6. Red X in message box

7. Migrate Exchange 5.5 to new hardware

8. show a resources calendar in public folders

9. Exchange 5.5 miration to new Hardware

10. migrate exchange 5.5 to a new hardware

11. Moving Exchange 5.5 (PDC) to new Hardware

12. Move Exchange 5.5 to new hardware

13. Moving Exchange 5.5 to a NEW Hardware platform