owa and firewall

Post by Dhaval Brahmbhat » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:27:25

Hi guys

I don't relly know whether I should be posting this quesiton to this
newsgroup or not because there

is none for OWA. If there is one, plese let me know.

I want to setup OWA. Now, it is working fine where the OWA is hosted on the
same machine as the exchange 2000 server.

As it is installed, by default, it is working fine internally and we have a
firewall, which is also setup to forward the packets to the

OWA/Exchange server, since they are the same. But I want to host the OWA on
a different than the Exchange server. Also

I wanna keep the OWA host server to be out side of the firewall. SO
basically, the clients will first contact the OWA server,

which is out side of the network, the OWA server will go through the
firewall and contact the exchange server, and the reply goes

in reverse, the exchange server just sends the data to the OWA server
(through the firewall) and OWA server formats it into the

web interface and then the client receives the emails in the web interface.

Now, I know what ports we need to open on the firewall and some reg
settings. But the main question is that how do I configure

the exchange server and the OWA server, (the OWA server is nothing but an
IIS server, with the directories pointing to the exchange

server's shared directories).

Plese help how to setup this config.

Dhaval

owa and firewall

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:33:24

Replied in m.p.exchange.misc - if you need to post to multiple groups, it's
best to do so all at once in a single message (separate the NG names with
commas) so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

> Hi guys

> I don't relly know whether I should be posting this quesiton to this
> newsgroup or not because there

> is none for OWA. If there is one, plese let me know.

> I want to setup OWA. Now, it is working fine where the OWA is hosted
> on the same machine as the exchange 2000 server.

> As it is installed, by default, it is working fine internally and we
> have a firewall, which is also setup to forward the packets to the

> OWA/Exchange server, since they are the same. But I want to host the
> OWA on a different than the Exchange server. Also

> I wanna keep the OWA host server to be out side of the firewall. SO
> basically, the clients will first contact the OWA server,

> which is out side of the network, the OWA server will go through the
> firewall and contact the exchange server, and the reply goes

> in reverse, the exchange server just sends the data to the OWA server
> (through the firewall) and OWA server formats it into the

> web interface and then the client receives the emails in the web
> interface.

> Now, I know what ports we need to open on the firewall and some reg
> settings. But the main question is that how do I configure

> the exchange server and the OWA server, (the OWA server is nothing
> but an IIS server, with the directories pointing to the exchange

> server's shared directories).

> Plese help how to setup this config.

> Dhaval

1. OWA and Firewall

We have OWA running on IIS 5 SP2 outside the firewall and connecting to
Ex5.5 servers inside the firewall.  Does anyone know how to speed up the
authentication process through the firewall?  Connects to the OWA server are
quick, but once we put in our userid and password we may have to wait up to
2 mins before the inbox is displayed.

Any ideas on how to speed this up?

Thanks,
Greg

2. Exchange 5.0 mail gateway

3. Help! My GAL is not updated anymore!!!

4. OWA with Firewall

5. how can i import contacts to the gloabal address list

6. owa and firewall

7. Attachment tracking..

8. OWA through firewall

9. Owa behind firewall

10. OWA through firewall with diffrent port no.

11. OWA through firewall

12. Problem with OWA through firewall