Strange but true

Post by Geza Singe » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 01:33:25

Exchange 5.5

When a specific user is forwarding a message to a given specific recipient
the message appears to have been sent by the original sender.

Or in other words, A is sending to B. B is forwarding to C. In C's Inbox it
appears to have come from A and sent to B. Naturally any 'reply' from C gets
sent to A.

A fair number of test have been done and it is certain that the problem is
at the B end but independent of the Client (at either end).

Other users in the same Post Office when forwarding to C have no probs. When
B is sending to other than C all works as it should.

There is nothing special about the parameters of B's mailbox.

There is an added complication whereby our system is an Exchange/GroupWise
co-production with GroupWise Connector and API routing messages to C (via
the Internet). C also appears in our Global Address book as a GroupWise user
(in GroupWise C is a Foreign entity attached as an Alias to the SMTP
gateway).

Perhaps if you get bored with all things Xmas you might give this puzzle a
thought.

Thanks and have a good one.

Geza Singer

1. Strange but true

[...]

2. Adressbook views

3. strange but true - force deletion

4. Plz Help - LOGIN_FAILED with CDO working in a win2k Serivce

5. Strange BUT true problem

6. problem with owa, xp and ie6

7. Exchange Service Account Problems

8. Strange but true

9. Strange emails coming in with strange timestamps

10. ESEUTIL /D : Strange, very strange...

11. Stranger in a Strange Land

12. IsReadOnly always true on AddressBooks with CDO