Rules Wizard forwarding to SMTP address

Post by Someon » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to configure a Rule to forward a copy of my messages to
my internet address of my pager/phonet. I can create a rule which sends
a copy to another internal mailbox, but have not been able to send to an
SMTP address.  I am trying to have all messages delivered to my mailbox
then have a copy sent to my pager/phone via SMTP.

Oulook 98, Exchange 5.5.

If you reply, please edit the address first.

Thanks

Rules Wizard forwarding to SMTP address

Post by Terje Sten Bjerkset » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I thought it was possible to use SMTP addresses directly here, but perhaps
you're restricted to using entries from the GAL. In that case, you could
create a custom recipient for your pager on the server and use that.
-tsb

>I am trying to configure a Rule to forward a copy of my messages to
>my internet address of my pager/phonet. I can create a rule which sends
>a copy to another internal mailbox, but have not been able to send to an
>SMTP address.  I am trying to have all messages delivered to my mailbox
>then have a copy sent to my pager/phone via SMTP.

>Oulook 98, Exchange 5.5.

Rules Wizard forwarding to SMTP address

Post by Martin Searanck » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

For more powerful forwarding/sorting options, check out Pelican Messenger:

Pelican Messenger is an email / fax sorting and forwarding tool that works
in with Outlook.  It can monitor your Outlook inbox (or any POP3 mailbox)
and process incoming messages in a variety of ways.

Applications of Pelican Messenger include:

  * Email redirection (Email to Email)
  * Fax redirection (Fax to Fax)
  * Email to Fax
  * Fax to Email (the fax is sent as an AWD format attachment)
  * Email to phone (Reads your email to you over the phone)
  * Email to CGI based Messaging services

Pelican Messenger also includes text & time based filtering tools that help
direct messages to the right place. A graphical interface makes creating
new message redirection setups a breeze.

Pelican Messenger is available for download now from
http://www.pelican.co.nz

Registration of Pelican Messenger for a single user license is just $NZ45
(approx $US30)