Moving a WIN95 Exchange User's files to a new WIN95 computer

Moving a WIN95 Exchange User's files to a new WIN95 computer

Post by Susan A. Wilson-Ric » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

April 22, 1998 - 7:33PM EDT

I support a small WIN95 LAN with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook
users.

I have one user with an old PC who has been given a new PC with a new build
of WIN95.  I simply want to copy her old EXCHANGE address book, data files,
etc. to the new computer, where I will reinstall Office 97.

Can anyone tell me the files that need to go with a new user to bring over
the address book, mail, etc. to a new machine.

I have spent a day on this and cannot find anything on MS or on the
Internet.  This should be a simple question for moving a user to a new PC.

I appreciate any help on this subject.

Thanks,
Bryan Wilson-Rich
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
(Weather in south Florida today is 82 degrees F, and occasional high clouds)

Moving a WIN95 Exchange User's files to a new WIN95 computer

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

The .pab and .pst files. You can find the names of the exact files you need
by looking in Control Panel | Mail and Fax at the user's profile.

There are additional files for Outlook. See
http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/olbackup.htm.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and