stupid exchange tricks

Post by Tony Moren » Mon, 08 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Is there anyway to add "new exchange document", "new e-mail message"
or  "new fax" to the 'new' diaolog when right clicking the desktop???
Sure would be nice.... Wish I knew how...

stupid exchange tricks

Post by Tony Moren » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

(Tony Morency) say,

Quote:>Is there anyway to add "new exchange document", "new e-mail message"
>or  "new fax" to the 'new' diaolog when right clicking the desktop???
>Sure would be nice.... Wish I knew how...

To be more specific, When I click on a 'mailto:' on a webpage,
A Windows Messaging new message *form* (exchange doesn't boot up)
opens. I'd like to do that from the desk top with the 'new' menu item.

TIA!

stupid exchange tricks

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

------=_NextPart_000_01BCC44D.1493FCE0

I got this about 95% done by using the same command as mailto: uses. In
Windows 95, merge the attached .reg file, which adds a ShellNew key to the
.msg class in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT to add the command

        rundll32.exe url.dll,MailToProtocolHandler ""

The one ugly side effect is a "" in the To box.

I'm sure there's a neater way to handle this, but I'll leave that to the
real registry gurus.

--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

> (Tony Morency) say,

> >Is there anyway to add "new exchange document", "new e-mail message"
> >or  "new fax" to the 'new' diaolog when right clicking the desktop???
> >Sure would be nice.... Wish I knew how...

> To be more specific, When I click on a 'mailto:' on a webpage,
> A Windows Messaging new message *form* (exchange doesn't boot up)
> opens. I'd like to do that from the desk top with the 'new' menu item.

> TIA!

------=_NextPart_000_01BCC44D.1493FCE0

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.msg\ShellNew]