553 Requested action not taken

Post by antonia_jaspe » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:16:07

I have a Exchange 5.5 server, recently we have problem receiving mail form
one of the outside sender.

The bounch back message to my sender is

553 Rquested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed

501 data format error.

I have no problem receiving mail from other sender.

I wonder whether the problem is on the sender side or my side ? What is the
real cause of this problem ?

1. smtp;553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed

We are getting this error returned to senders.  smtp;553
Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed

Our smtp log shows their connection timing out after 10
minutes.

What would cause this?

our setup is

Windows 2000 server SP2
Exchange 2000 sp3
T1
It is the only thing running on this server.

Thank you in advance

Steve

2. Question on Installing Exchange 2000 into a NT 4.0 domain

3. 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed

4. error 451 when sending internet mail

5. Restricting outbound SMTP by user

6. 553 Requested action not taken

7. Exchange on Alpha/NT ??

8. 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed.

9. 550 REQUESTED ACTION NOT TAKEN: DNS FAILURE

10. Strange message on bounced mail : 550 Requested action not taken:user account inactive