"Message could not be processed" error

Post by Nathaniel Hekma » Tue, 08 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I (as postmaster) fairly regularly receive an email with the subject
"Notification: Inbound Mail Failure - Message could not be processed".
Looking over the included message, all I can guess is that the problem is
the character set:  "charset=iso-2022-jp".  But the text of the message
itself contains only regular ASCII characters, and is perfectly readable.

Is there some way I can install this other character set, make Exchange
realise it's okay just to process the mail as "normal", or other tricks?

I don't think an NDR is being created, it just means I have to forward the
mail by hand to its intended recipient.

Nate

--
Nathaniel Hekman
GEO-SLOPE International, Ltd.

"Message could not be processed" error

Post by Nathaniel Hekma » Tue, 08 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Oops, I guess I left out some pertinent information.  We are running IMC on
Exchange Server 4.0 on NT 4 SP2 for a small network.  It is of course the
Exchange Server (or IMC) that is sending me this error message when it
tries to receive an Internet mail message (presumably with an "unknown"
character set).

Nate

> I (as postmaster) fairly regularly receive an email with the subject
> "Notification: Inbound Mail Failure - Message could not be processed".
> Looking over the included message, all I can guess is that the problem is
> the character set:  "charset=iso-2022-jp".  But the text of the message
> itself contains only regular ASCII characters, and is perfectly readable.

> Is there some way I can install this other character set, make Exchange
> realise it's okay just to process the mail as "normal", or other tricks?

> I don't think an NDR is being created, it just means I have to forward
the
> mail by hand to its intended recipient.

> Nate

> --
> Nathaniel Hekman
> GEO-SLOPE International, Ltd.
> Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Message could not be processed" error

Post by W. Bruce Moor » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Ah, I just did this one myself!  See MS knowledge base article Q155016.

In the \LANGPACK folder on your NT 4.0 Server CD, right click on
EXCHSRVR.INF and pick "Install".
  -Bruce-

> Oops, I guess I left out some pertinent information.  We are running IMC on
> Exchange Server 4.0 on NT 4 SP2 for a small network.  It is of course the
> Exchange Server (or IMC) that is sending me this error message when it
> tries to receive an Internet mail message (presumably with an "unknown"
> character set).

> Nate

> > I (as postmaster) fairly regularly receive an email with the subject
> > "Notification: Inbound Mail Failure - Message could not be processed".
> > Looking over the included message, all I can guess is that the problem is
> > the character set:  "charset=iso-2022-jp".  But the text of the message
> > itself contains only regular ASCII characters, and is perfectly readable.

"Message could not be processed" error

Post by Jeff Pedig » Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:00:00

You must be receiving mail from Japan.  I had the same problem until I
installed the codepage support for the Japanese character set.  Check out
knowledge base article number Q155016 for details.

>Oops, I guess I left out some pertinent information.  We are running IMC
on
>Exchange Server 4.0 on NT 4 SP2 for a small network.  It is of course the
>Exchange Server (or IMC) that is sending me this error message when it
>tries to receive an Internet mail message (presumably with an "unknown"
>character set).

>Nate

>> I (as postmaster) fairly regularly receive an email with the subject
>> "Notification: Inbound Mail Failure - Message could not be processed".
>> Looking over the included message, all I can guess is that the problem
is
>> the character set:  "charset=iso-2022-jp".  But the text of the message
>> itself contains only regular ASCII characters, and is perfectly
readable.

>> Is there some way I can install this other character set, make Exchange
>> realise it's okay just to process the mail as "normal", or other
tricks?

>> I don't think an NDR is being created, it just means I have to forward
>the
>> mail by hand to its intended recipient.

>> Nate

>> --
>> Nathaniel Hekman
>> GEO-SLOPE International, Ltd.
>> Calgary, Alberta, Canada

1. Please Help""""""""""""""

Dear All

Could you tell me if any problems reported on Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on
Windows2000 Server and analogue connection (DUN)

The reason of this question because since I upgraded exchange 5.5 sp3 to 4
my e-mails stock in the queue for very very long time or not delivered at
all.

2. System Attendant

3. "Host not found" error messages

4. POP3 server

5. I am so "MAD.EXE"

6. Migration problem

7. "object variable not set" error

8. PLEASE, i'm begging : the name could not be matched to a name in the address list

9. "Object not found" error

10. intermittant "store not available errors"

11. Error "Could not open attachment"

12. "553 - mailbox name not allowed" error

13. Specifying "Replies-To:" or "Errors-To:" for Exchange Processes