OUTLOOK OWA LOGON WORKS, SOLUTION

Post by Jan-Kees Fel » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have found a solution for a logon problem with OWA which is not listed in
the knowledge base.

We had the problem that some users could use OWA, while others could not.

Everyone tells me that is had to do with security rights, but those rights
where the same for all users.

The solution is as follow. I can best explain it with an example:

domain called "microsoft.nl"

All users within this domain need an e-mail address like

This does not have to be their primary address.

Most likely, some users have a different primary address, but in order to
make OWA work for those users, they need a secondary e-mail address with the
microsoft.nl suffix.

Jan-Kees Fels,
MCSE

1. OUTLOOK OWA LOGON WORKS, SOLUTION

I have found a solution for a logon problem with OWA which is not listed in
the knowledge base.

We had the problem that some users could use OWA, while others could not.

Everyone tells me that is had to do with security rights, but those rights
where the same for all users.

The solution is as follow. I can best explain it with an example:

domain called "microsoft.nl"

All users within this domain need an e-mail address like

This does not have to be their primary address.

Most likely, some users have a different primary address, but in order to
make OWA work for those users, they need a secondary e-mail address with the
microsoft.nl suffix.

Jan-Kees Fels,
MCSE

2. ntbackup help ...please!

3. Back Office SDK and FIMPORT

4. OWA Work around solutions

5. PLEASE PLEASE HELP: Address Book View Permissions

6. OWA logon error. Cannot open OWA logon webpage

7. Undeliverable Meeting Requests

8. OWA: Back End Server Works Fine, Front End Server Just Gives Logon Challenge Repeatedly

9. exch2k, OWA, IE: multiple logon dialog, NS works, mostly

10. OWA Logon...How does it work?

11. Change logon not working in OWA

12. owa logon not possible, asp don′t work