maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

Post by Terry Singleto » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

We are in the middle of a migration from MS MAIL to exchange and in the
process we still need to maintain address books. I have setup dir  synch so
the GAL is being updated just fine.

My problems occurs when a MS MAIL users needs to send email to a
group and someone in that group has been migrated to EXCHANGE .That user can
not exist in a MS MAil group since MS MAIL admin does not know about
exchange users.

I have recreated all groups from within exchange in hopes that all the new
exchange groups(which can have MS MAIL imported users and exchange users)
would be exported to the GAL on the nightly updated, but this did not
happen.

Does anyone have any idea's how this can be handled?

please reply in email.

maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

Post by Greg Aske » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Do you have Dirsync running?
--
Greg Askew

> We are in the middle of a migration from MS MAIL to exchange and in the
> process we still need to maintain address books. I have setup dir  synch so
> the GAL is being updated just fine.

> My problems occurs when a MS MAIL users needs to send email to a
> group and someone in that group has been migrated to EXCHANGE .That user can
> not exist in a MS MAil group since MS MAIL admin does not know about
> exchange users.

> I have recreated all groups from within exchange in hopes that all the new
> exchange groups(which can have MS MAIL imported users and exchange users)
> would be exported to the GAL on the nightly updated, but this did not
> happen.

> Does anyone have any idea's how this can be handled?

> please reply in email.

1. maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

We are in the middle of a migration from MS MAIL to exchange and in the
process we still need to maintain address books. I have setup dir  synch so
the GAL is being updated just fine.

My problems occurs when a MS MAIL users needs to send email to a
group and someone in that group has been migrated to EXCHANGE .That user can
not exist in a MS MAil group since MS MAIL admin does not know about
exchange users.

I have recreated all groups from within exchange in hopes that all the new
exchange groups(which can have MS MAIL imported users and exchange users)
would be exported to the GAL on the nightly updated, but this did not
happen.

Does anyone have any idea's how this can be handled?

please reply in email.

2. Exchange 5.5 cannot send ETRN

3. Migration of MS Mail groups to Exchange server

4. Multiple Domains on Exchange 5.x ?

5. MS-Mail to Exchange 5.5 Migration - Calander Migration

6. Direct Reports collection

7. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

8. exchange uninstall???

9. Macintosh client migration (MS Mail PAL->MS Exchange PAB)

10. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

11. MS Mail to MS Ex Migration