delayed mail.....any ideas???

Post by Mark Goldi » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

i am still looking through the KB for this, but maybe someone already knows
this...

We have a static connection to our ISP via an always on ISDN leased line. I
would like to enable some kind of delay on the mail server so that when an
outlook client sends and e-mail, it dosn't get sent straight away, but is
delayed for about 5 mins or so. This would give myself and the user enough
time to stop the mail at the gateway should the need arise. I've looked at
the exchange console, haven't seen anything in there except for RAS, which
allows the ability to set a dial time in increments.

Does anyone know how to set something like this up???

Thanks

Best regards

Mark Goldie
Network System Administrator
Finex Communications

delayed mail.....any ideas???

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

There is no built-in feature of that kind.

> Hi all,

> i am still looking through the KB for this, but maybe someone already knows
> this...

> We have a static connection to our ISP via an always on ISDN leased line. I
> would like to enable some kind of delay on the mail server so that when an
> outlook client sends and e-mail, it dosn't get sent straight away, but is
> delayed for about 5 mins or so. This would give myself and the user enough
> time to stop the mail at the gateway should the need arise. I've looked at
> the exchange console, haven't seen anything in there except for RAS, which
> allows the ability to set a dial time in increments.

> Does anyone know how to set something like this up???

> Thanks

> Best regards

> Mark Goldie
> Network System Administrator
> Finex Communications

group).

Kirill

1. delayed mail.....any ideas???

[...]

2. Wild Card addresses

3. Delayed mail delayed for all recipients ?

4. Display a notification message problems.

5. Dell Openmage - good idea or bad idea?

6. Will Worksheet in Money 2003

7. delayed mail and mail with no date

8. Outlook Web Client Domain Authentication

9. Help Help Can't send mail out one day delay on incoming e-mail

10. Incoming mail - any ideas

11. E-mail notification - any ideas please?

12. Message failure mail, anyone have any ideas

13. Abut Mail - Any ideas?