Location and Format of Received Messages In Windows Messaging

Location and Format of Received Messages In Windows Messaging

Post by David G. O. Smit » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

Help!

I have just got a quite powerful indexer/text find program called dtSearch.

The problem is that I cannot find pieces of e-mail I received with Windows
Messaging, although I got the indexer to index all of the drive (C:) where
Windows Messaging lives.

Where does Windows Messaging store its received e-mail files? What format
is received mail in? My incoming mail is plain 7-bit ASCII.

Before I upgraded to Windows Messaging I used the Exchange32 that came with
Win95 and have not tried to remove any of the original Exchange files.

Location and Format of Received Messages In Windows Messaging

Post by Athen » Thu, 08 May 1997 04:00:00

The mail items are all compressed into a single folder which is
specified in the Personal Folders properties in your mail profile.  You
cannot access either the folders or messages individually unless you use
"Save As" on each individual message.

Athena

If replying by mail, please remove the anti-spam prefix "xnospam."  from
the address