Outlook hangs when deleting multiple selected messages.

Outlook hangs when deleting multiple selected messages.

Post by Thomas Barnhar » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

This behavior is also exhibited in exchange. I have exchange server 5.0 with
SP2 installed. I recently enable a ccmail connector. About the same time the
HD filled an the IS stopped. I cleaned up the drive and restarted the IS.
Since these 2 things have happened I am unable to delete multiple selected
items or empty the deleted items folder upon exit. (Things just hang)

I have not disabled the CCmail connector and wouldn't think this would be
the problem.

I can delete things individually.
The priv.edb size  is 1.2GB.

1. Outlook hangs when deleting/moving multiple messages

When deleting more than one selected mail message (or moving them to
another folder) Outlook stops responding. This will most likely occur
when "remove deleted items upon exit" is enabled: Outlook stops
responding on exit when emptying the deleted items folder.
We had this problem first using Exchange Server 4.0 / Outlook 97 but
it is still present after upgrading to Echange Server 5.5 / Outlook
98.
Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

I think it is a capacity problem and has something to do with
additional connectors (we use IMS and "Faxination"; the services for
some other connectors have already been disabled). Are there
(registry) settings to increase the capacity?

Thanks in advance,
Henk Zwaan,

2. SBS exchn 5.5 with regular exchange 2k

3. e2k installation

4. Outlook hanging when deleting multiple messages

5. How can I give multiple people with different addresses the same reply-to?

6. Outlook hangs when deleting/moving multiple messages

7. How to Privatize Outlook 2000 Folders w/ Exchange 4.0

8. Outlook Hangs when Deleting Messages from message store

9. OL2K hangs when deleting multiple messages

10. Multiple Message Deletes cause hang

11. Exchange hangs when deleting multiple messages