PLEASE HELP! SSL for POP/SMTP/IMAP

Post by Jason Harmo » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for information on using the Outlook 98 Internet Only option and
Exchange Server 5.5 to provide secure mail for our corporate offices. I have
had no luck finding help on this, however. My first question is: do you need
to use digital cert's to encrypt mail from the client to the server, and my
2nd question is: how in the *%##* do you configure Exchange server for SSL
(via SMTP, POP, & possibly IMAP).
I've made sure that the boxes are checked for SSL authentication; I've
installed an SSL key on the IP for our server; I've also made sure that the
Exchange Key Manager service is started. Is there some sort of
administration program that I'm not finding for the KM?
Thanks in advance...

1. PLEASE HELP! SSL for POP/SMTP/IMAP

I'm looking for information on using the Outlook 98 Internet Only option and
Exchange Server 5.5 to provide secure mail for our corporate offices. I have
had no luck finding help on this, however. My first question is: do you need
to use digital cert's to encrypt mail from the client to the server, and my
2nd question is: how in the *%##* do you configure Exchange server for SSL
(via SMTP, POP, & possibly IMAP).
I've made sure that the boxes are checked for SSL authentication; I've
installed an SSL key on the IP for our server; I've also made sure that the
Exchange Key Manager service is started. Is there some sort of
administration program that I'm not finding for the KM?
Thanks in advance...

2. Change IP address

3. Setting SSL for POP/IMAP in IIS5?

4. Obtaining selected date in Calendar View.

5. POP or IMAP over SSL

6. Migration of Exchange 4.0 to 5.0

7. expired pop/imap ssl cert can't be renewed

8. Restrict what anonymous LDAP-users can view ?

9. Setting SSL for POP/IMAP in IIS5?

10. PLEASE HELP! SMTP and POP server question

11. Urgent please help.. POP, SMTP

12. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

13. Please help, How to set Exchange 5.5 to receive POP mail from other POP server