World Wide Web Publishing service

Post by Ken Goodma » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:05:43

For about 6 weeks now the World Wide Web Publishing
service is stopping after about 24 hrs., Hence, users
cannot use Outlook Web Access.  Simply restarting the
service brings it back up.  On the screen is a Dr. Watson
error " Inetinfo.exe   Exception: access violation
(0xc0000005)"

Using NT4.0 Server ( all service packs )
      Exchange 5.5 ( all service packs )

World Wide Web Publishing service

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:41:16

Hi Ken,

You may want to post this in the IIS newsgroup since Inetinfo is the process
crashing.  However, this may be difficult to determine without examing the
user.dmp file that was created with the Dr Watson.  If you open a case with
Microsoft PSS, we can analyze the user.dmp file to determine the cause.

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> For about 6 weeks now the World Wide Web Publishing
> service is stopping after about 24 hrs., Hence, users
> cannot use Outlook Web Access.  Simply restarting the
> service brings it back up.  On the screen is a Dr. Watson
> error " Inetinfo.exe   Exception: access violation
> (0xc0000005)"

> Using NT4.0 Server ( all service packs )
>       Exchange 5.5 ( all service packs )

World Wide Web Publishing service

Post by Rudi Shumper » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:25:12

how are you restarting the service?  Using IIS or are you
doing a netstop at the command line?

I would try the netstop/netstart to truly re-set the
service

Quote:>-----Original Message-----