Exchange Server to Satellite to Exchange Server

Exchange Server to Satellite to Exchange Server

Post by TheGree » Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have an office on land with Exchange Server and 15 ships at sea with
Exchange Server.  Now I use a gaggle of middle ware which does not allow the
servers to really communicate.  The data is sucked up via MAPI then it is
wrapped all together (zipped) then every hour moved to a superhub and sits.
A Ships then calls in via satellite to the superhub and sucks the file down,
then unwraps it and moves it into the profiles on Exchange server via MAPI.
The systems works in reverse also.  This system is used due to legacy
reasons and satellite costs...anyone have any ideas for a real Exchange to
Exchange transmission without middle ware that has lots of points of failure
???

James...

Exchange Server to Satellite to Exchange Server

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I have an office on land with Exchange Server and 15 ships at sea with
> Exchange Server.  Now I use a gaggle of middle ware which does not allow
the
> servers to really communicate.  The data is sucked up via MAPI then it is
> wrapped all together (zipped) then every hour moved to a superhub and
sits.
> A Ships then calls in via satellite to the superhub and sucks the file
down,
> then unwraps it and moves it into the profiles on Exchange server via
MAPI.
> The systems works in reverse also.  This system is used due to legacy
> reasons and satellite costs...anyone have any ideas for a real Exchange
> Exchange transmission without middle ware that has lots of points of
failure
> ???

        If this network has TCP/IP connectivity, use the X.400 Connector.  It will
allow you to schedule mail deliveries.

1. Connecting Satellite Exchange Servers

Our organization has one main office and 2 satellite offices. Each office
has one exchange server 2000. Only the main office has a fixed IP, the rest
are using variable. There are no leased lines between the offices and each
office only has access to public Internt. We want the entire organization to

Can anyone tell me the best and most reliable method of connection?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

2. Adding Patch Q248838engi.exe

3. Satellite Connections andExchange Server

4. Can Exchange 2000 run on a Domain Controller?

5. Satellite connection and exchange

6. View BCC field

7. Exchange and Satellite

8. Change Server and Domain Name

9. NT4 Server sees my Exchange Server, but no WS on the network see Exchange Server

10. Setup of Exchange Server Client on SQL server to send email through our Exchange server

11. Exchange Server v Exchange Server as part of Small Business Server

12. Upgrading Exchange 2000 Server OS from W2K Server to W2K Advanced Server

13. Move Exchange Server 5.5 from PDC Server to a new NT Server