Forwarding Mystery

Post by Steve » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:02:11

We have a number of resources (laptops, conference rooms,
etc) set up with private mailboxes in Exchange 2000. Most
were set up in Exchange 5.5; but the laptops' mailboxes
were set up after the upgrade to 2000.

Meeting requests for the laptops go to a special
distribution group, where one person accepts the request.
The meeting then appears as 'busy' on this person's
calendar, but as 'tentative' on the laptop's calendar.
The forwarding to the dist group is set in the Exchange
properties 'Delivery Options.'

On the other hand, meeting requests for the older
resources (conf room, for example), also appear in the
inboxes of selected people. If they accept it, it appears
on the calendar of the resource, but NOT on the person's
(the acceptor's) calendar. This is the way we would like
it to work.

But here's the problem...we have looked at every possible
place in Exchange and Outlook and can't find where this
forwarding for the older resources is set. It's not an
Outlook 'Rule,' it's not in the Exchange 'Delivery
Options,' or anywhere else we can find.

Is it possible that this was an Exchange 5.5 feature that
just didn't come over when we upgraded???? Other ideas?
Any place else we should be looking?

Thanks!!! (help!)

-SD

1. Mailbox Forwarding Mystery

[...]

2. Logging

3. Exchange Mystery

4. licenses

5. Mystery Personal Folders

6. MS Mail to MS Ex Migration

7. Email Mystery

8. Template.cvs

9. mystery: email blocked from specific domain

10. Mystery SMTP source of spam

11. Mystery Custom Recipient

12. Domain rename Mystery of the Universe

13. A strange routing mystery (with the IMS)