HELP!!! I need to restrice anonymous access

HELP!!! I need to restrice anonymous access

Post by Jon Pasket » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have posted the following that did not receive a reply.  I need to resolve
this issue ASAP!

I've created an anonymous account in my exchange 5.0 server. I want to allow
users in my organization to post anonymously (which they can) but disable
the ability too post EXTERNALLY.  i.e., this option is only available within
our organization, no internet capability! PLEASE HELP!!

TIA
Jon Paskett

HELP!!! I need to restrice anonymous access

Post by Karstein Jensse » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Just apply some delivery restrictions on your IMC (reject messages from
anonymous)

Karstein Jenssen

>I have posted the following that did not receive a reply.  I need to
resolve
>this issue ASAP!

>I've created an anonymous account in my exchange 5.0 server. I want to
allow
>users in my organization to post anonymously (which they can) but disable
>the ability too post EXTERNALLY.  i.e., this option is only available
within
>our organization, no internet capability! PLEASE HELP!!

>TIA
>Jon Paskett

HELP!!! I need to restrice anonymous access

Post by Jon Pasket » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have set those restrictions but they still allow the individual to e-mail
anybody on the internet!

Any other suggestions?

Jon

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I have set those restrictions but they still allow the individual to e-mail
>anybody on the internet!

>Any other suggestions?

Yes. Check your GWART. You'll find that all your sites have an IMS
connector advertised as available for use from anywhere in your
organization. You may prevent the users from sending through YOUR IMS,
but not through another sites IMS.

HELP!!! I need to restrice anonymous access

Post by Jon Pasket » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Richard,

This all sounds great, pardon the limited knowledge, but what is GWART? How
do I get to it? What are the steps I need to do to set these restrictionns
up?

TIA

Jon Paskett

>>I have set those restrictions but they still allow the individual to
e-mail
>>anybody on the internet!

>>Any other suggestions?

>Yes. Check your GWART. You'll find that all your sites have an IMS
>connector advertised as available for use from anywhere in your
>organization. You may prevent the users from sending through YOUR IMS,
>but not through another sites IMS.

>Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
>Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA

HELP!!! I need to restrice anonymous access

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>This all sounds great, pardon the limited knowledge, but what is GWART? How
>do I get to it? What are the steps I need to do to set these restrictionns
>up?

GWART= GateWay Address Routing Table. There are two copies (in
semi-readable format) in the exchsrvr\mtadata directory -- GWART0.MTA
and GWART1.MTA. The GWART0.MTA is the most up-to-date version. You can
also export a CSV version of the file from the Site Addressing objects
"Routing" tab.

Setting your IMS's address space to LOCAL is something you and the
other admins within the ACC need to work on together. If you restrict
YOUR IMS address space and you only use IMS connectors between your
sites you'll have a lot of other problems.

This MS KB article will explain the process:
Q161947 "XCON: MTA: Address Space Replication with LOCAL Address
Spaces"

1. HELP!!! I need to restrice anonymous access

I have posted the following that did not receive a reply.  I need to resolve
this issue ASAP!

I've created an anonymous account in my exchange 5.0 server. I want to allow
users in my organization to post anonymously (which they can) but disable
the ability too post EXTERNALLY.  i.e., this option is only available within
our organization, no internet capability! PLEASE HELP!!

TIA
Jon Paskett

2. No exchange server post renaming PC

3. Problem with backup

4. MS Exchange service Stopped due 429496678 Error

5. Import contact using CSVDE

6. need to give access to public folders but do not want to use anonymous access

7. NEED HELP ASAP --- Outbound messages waiting delivery --- NEED HELP ASAP

8. anonymous access to send mail

9. CDO problem: anonymous access to public folder running ASP from Netscape users

10. Anonymous access for Public Folders