Clients hang whilst access mail

Post by Widy » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:57:07

Hi,

I have strange problem to test someone with.

I have a NT4 domain running Exch 5.5 SP4.

I have recently added another server W2K and attached it to the NT4 domain
as a member server.

Have installed Exchange 5.5 SP4 on the W2K server and attached it to the
exchange site.

The problems I am have are.

1. Clients can access their mailboxes fine and then it just hangs. (these
are a mixture of 2000 and XP clients running outlook 2000) The exchange
Admin opens fine on the server they are attaching to with no errors and no
errors in the event log. If I use an outlook client on the W2K server it
hangs as well. Only a reboot of the server lets the clients back in.

2. Users on the new server (when they get access) if they set outlook to
delete their Deleted Items folder when exit just hang. Fine if this is not
checked. When open if you select more than one email within the deleted
items folder outlook hangs.

Any ideas.

Cheers.