What service pack is the Enterprise Edition currently shipping out of the box?

What service pack is the Enterprise Edition currently shipping out of the box?

Post by John Do » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I understand Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition is currently shipping with
SP2.
Does this apply to the Enterprise Edition too?

I know I can apply the latest SP after initial installation.  Still I need
to know what SP gets installed out of the box.

Thansk a lot!

John

What service pack is the Enterprise Edition currently shipping out of the box?

Post by John Do » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I understand Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition is currently shipping with
SP2.
Does this apply to the Enterprise Edition too?

I know I can apply the latest SP after initial installation.  Still I need
to know what SP gets installed out of the box.

Thansk a lot!

John

What service pack is the Enterprise Edition currently shipping out of the box?

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> I understand Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition is currently shipping
with
> SP2.
> Does this apply to the Enterprise Edition too?

> I know I can apply the latest SP after initial installation.  Still I need
> to know what SP gets installed out of the box.

    Once installed, open Exchange Admin and go to the Servers container in
your site.  Open the properties of your server, and the service pack level
(if one is installed) will be indicated on the General tab.

What service pack is the Enterprise Edition currently shipping out of the box?

Post by John Do » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi, Amiri.

Thansk for replying.

Unfortunately, don't have an existing installation or media to test, but
still need to know.  Anyone mind telling me, please?

Thanks!

John

> > Hi,

> > I understand Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition is currently shipping
> with
> > SP2.
> > Does this apply to the Enterprise Edition too?

> > I know I can apply the latest SP after initial installation.  Still I
need
> > to know what SP gets installed out of the box.

>     Once installed, open Exchange Admin and go to the Servers container in
> your site.  Open the properties of your server, and the service pack level
> (if one is installed) will be indicated on the General tab.

What service pack is the Enterprise Edition currently shipping out of the box?

Post by Rampbe » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Why not visit an online retailer?  They should specify what version
and SP they are selling...

Try www.insight.com or www.onvia.com

>Hi, Amiri.

>Thansk for replying.

>Unfortunately, don't have an existing installation or media to test, but
>still need to know.  Anyone mind telling me, please?

>Thanks!

>John

>> > Hi,

>> > I understand Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition is currently shipping
>> with
>> > SP2.
>> > Does this apply to the Enterprise Edition too?

>> > I know I can apply the latest SP after initial installation.  Still I
>need
>> > to know what SP gets installed out of the box.

>>     Once installed, open Exchange Admin and go to the Servers container in
>> your site.  Open the properties of your server, and the service pack level
>> (if one is installed) will be indicated on the General tab.

What service pack is the Enterprise Edition currently shipping out of the box?

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi, Amiri.

> Thansk for replying.

> Unfortunately, don't have an existing installation or media to test, but
> still need to know.  Anyone mind telling me, please?

    About the only way to tell what SP level is shipping is to ask a
retailer or Microsoft rep, or find someone who has installed a
recently-purchased copy.  I doubt MS has upgraded the shipping media, but an
SP CD is probably in the box.  For instance, I don't think that the shipping
NT CDs have an SP incorporated, although I'm pretty sure a recent SP CD is
shipped, but I could be wrong on the first part.

1. Conflicting info from Microsoft - Enterprise Edition/Standard Edition

I built a recovery server recently with Exchange 2000
Standard edition to verify my Exchange database back-ups.
Afetr the building the recovery server, I remembered that
my Exchange 2000 production server is Enterprise edition.
I was able to restore the databases to the Standard
edition recovery server, but could not mount the database.
Running eseutil gave me a bunch of access denied errors,
etc. Called Microsoft and they said I should be able to
restore an Enterprise database to a Standard Edition
install. My database is only 4 GB so size is not an issue.
I decided to install Enterprise Edition on my recovery
server anyway and I was able to restore and mount the
database without a problem. My question is: was I lucky,
or is Microsoft wrong? Can you restore an Enterprise
database to Standard edition? Does not seem like you can.

Thanks,
Alex

2. SMTP errors I think

3. Upgrade standard Edition to Enterprise Edition

4. Directory name

5. Determining Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition and Standard Edition

6. Groupwise conversion

7. Exchange 2000 Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition Upgrade

8. Error trying to open inbox from ADO/ASP

9. How can I upgrade the Exchange Server 5.5 from Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition

10. Exchange2000 backoffice edition to Enterprise edition

11. Standard Edition Versus Enterprise Edition

12. Exchange 5.5 Standatr Edition and Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition

13. Upgrade from std Edition to Enterprise Edition