OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot access OWA)

OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot access OWA)

Post by RUIZ, Dieg » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am having a problem between OWA and Proxy server.

When an external Internet user tries to access OWA through
http://myserver.org/exchange, it works fine. However, when an internal LAN
client tries to do it through the same address http://myserver.org/exchange,
I receive the following error message:

--------------------
You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try
to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may
be listed on the sur.iucn.org home page.
You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer
--------------------

I have tried using the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" in my
browser, however the problem remains the same.

I have SBS 4.5, with NT4 SP6a, Exchange Server 5.5 SP3, Proxy Server 2.0
SP1, and IIS 4.

In my Web Proxy configuration, I have Packet Filtering DISABLED, and Web
Publishing ENABLED, with the option to send incoming requests to the local
server.

I have tried to put an exception and send requests for
http://myserver.org/exchange to http://192.168.0.1/exchange, which is the
internal IP number of my exchange server (which is the web server, and proxy
server as well), but it doesn't work. This is described in article Q207655
in Microsoft Knowledge Base.

I have tried with IE4 and IE5.

The rest of the services are working fine. I have an Intranet, a Web Site,
and all my users have Outlook 97 or 98. The proxy server has no problem at
all except for OWA.

Your help is most appreciated.

OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot access OWA)

Post by Rommel Henr » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Does your exchange server have 2 IP addresses, 1 internal and 1 external.
If yes then
1)check to see which IP is bound to the webserver having OWA.
2) try giving the ip address (webserver) to host name maping in the hosts
file in your windows directory.

>I am having a problem between OWA and Proxy server.

>When an external Internet user tries to access OWA through
>http://myserver.org/exchange, it works fine. However, when an internal LAN
>client tries to do it through the same address

http://myserver.org/exchange,
Quote:>I receive the following error message:

-
>--------------------
>You are not authorized to view this page

>You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
>credentials you supplied.

>If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
try
>to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that
may
>be listed on the sur.iucn.org home page.
>You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.
>HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
>Internet Explorer
-
>--------------------

>I have tried using the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" in my
>browser, however the problem remains the same.

>I have SBS 4.5, with NT4 SP6a, Exchange Server 5.5 SP3, Proxy Server 2.0
>SP1, and IIS 4.

>In my Web Proxy configuration, I have Packet Filtering DISABLED, and Web
>Publishing ENABLED, with the option to send incoming requests to the local
>server.

>I have tried to put an exception and send requests for
>http://myserver.org/exchange to http://192.168.0.1/exchange, which is the
>internal IP number of my exchange server (which is the web server, and
proxy
>server as well), but it doesn't work. This is described in article Q207655
>in Microsoft Knowledge Base.

>I have tried with IE4 and IE5.

>The rest of the services are working fine. I have an Intranet, a Web Site,
>and all my users have Outlook 97 or 98. The proxy server has no problem at
>all except for OWA.

>Your help is most appreciated.

1. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot access OWA)

[...]

2. SSL (www, pop3, imap)

3. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot use OWA)

4. Batch creating/deleting profiles & mailboxes ???

5. Front-End and Back-end Exchange Servers

6. Editing mailbox template

7. Accessing OWA on an Internal Server but through a Proxy Server

8. Cannot access OWA from outside LAN

9. Outlook 98 clients cannot connect to exchange server after installing proxy client 2.0

10. Access OWA via proxy server