HELP!! Internet mail stalls... HELP!!!!!

HELP!! Internet mail stalls... HELP!!!!!

Post by Benjamin H. Anderse » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have rc1 Ex 5 and have a problem... I have the Internet mail connector
running BUT I cannot send or receive mail through the internet.

seamingly does I cannot download messages from the Administrator or any
other account. They let me log on, but I never actually receive any of the
messages. The admin account states it has 11 messages in the mailbox log
but I cannot access the messages through an email client such as exchange
(pop3) etc.

What in the hell is going on???????

PS I have the MX settings correct as the mail is getting here but thats it.
PLEASE HELP!!
--
Benjamin H. Andersen

PlaNET Technology Corporation
www.planettechnology.com
www.onplanet.com

HELP!! Internet mail stalls... HELP!!!!!

Post by Paul Peterse » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

1st check routing on the connector if you only have one SMTP server and
make sure that you are not rerouting incoming SMTP mail to some other SMTP
server

User name resolution is the next check place I would check but frankly I'm
not sure whether it's
going to help. Ex5 is different than Ex4 in that it disables resolution by
default and if I was you I would try to enable it...you have to use
REGedt32

Not sure that it helps but what the heck...

1. HELP!! Internet mail stalls... HELP!!!!!

I have rc1 Ex 5 and have a problem... I have the Internet mail connector
running BUT I cannot send or receive mail through the internet.

seamingly does I cannot download messages from the Administrator or any
other account. They let me log on, but I never actually receive any of the
messages. The admin account states it has 11 messages in the mailbox log
but I cannot access the messages through an email client such as exchange
(pop3) etc.

What in the hell is going on???????

PS I have the MX settings correct as the mail is getting here but thats it.
PLEASE HELP!!
--
Benjamin H. Andersen

PlaNET Technology Corporation
www.planettechnology.com
www.onplanet.com

2. Access to mailboxes

3. Mail undeliverable and custom recipients

4. OWA Access denied

5. Help ! Delivery delayed problem

6. Internet Mail Service Stalling on Startup

7. Internet Mail Service error in Exchange 5.5 HELP HELP

8. help help help help help