Problem with mail delivery ( Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0)

Problem with mail delivery ( Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0)

Post by ASD Internet Solution » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I'm using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 with Outlook97 as e-mail client.

When I want to send e-mail to an Exchange mailbox the name is underlined.
This indicated that the user has been found on the server.
The mail delivery to this person returns an 'Undeliverable' message.

When I am mailing to an e-mail address which is not in the Server's
database the e-mail is sent correctly.

It is possible to send the e-mail using an other mail client.

Does anyone have an answer for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Arnoud Muggen

Problem with mail delivery ( Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0)

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 with Outlook97 as e-mail client.

> When I want to send e-mail to an Exchange mailbox the name is underlined.
> This indicated that the user has been found on the server.
> The mail delivery to this person returns an 'Undeliverable' message.

        Can we see the exact text of the Undeliverable message?  How do you select
the names?  Oh yeah, and one other thing... did you by any chance delete
the X.400 addresses for the mailboxes?  If so, you have made a crucial
error, since Exchange uses that address for internal delivery.

1. Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0: outbound news problems

We are using a Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 to pull inbound news and
push outbound articles. We encounter a strange problem with the outbound
flow. We have the following error when the server calls our ISP:

"An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to the remote host.
Error = 0x80040115."

Then the server normally pulls the news from the various news group we
subscribe to. If we make a call just after then the outgoing articles
are pushed without any problem. This error only happens when there are
articles to push.
Does anybody know how to work around (or better, fix) this problem?

EFT Consultants s.a.
av. Plasky 157 / 6 - 1030 Brussels - Belgium
Tel +32 (0)2 736.89.11 - Fax +32 (0)2 736.88.53
URL http://www.eft.be

2. Connection Hell!!!!!!!!

3. how do I remove an exchange server?

4. Exchange Server 5.0 Mail delivery

5. can exchange info store be restored to network client?

6. Using Microsoft Mail Postoffices and Exchange 5.0 Server at the same time

7. Extra-Complex Rule (Is this even possible?)

8. Support WebCast: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server: Troubleshooting Mail Flow Problems

9. Support WebCast: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server: Troubleshooting Mail Flow Problems (Revisited)

10. Mail Delivery Problem (Exchange server 5.5) HELP!!!!

11. Help: Delivery problem with IMS in Exchange 5.0

12. problem - - sendmail 8.8.5 and Microsoft Exchange 5.0