Move exchange from one server to another

Move exchange from one server to another

Post by Ben Smit » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

How did you move Exchange to the new server?  (See the faq below)  If you
just moved the databases, then you are seeing the expected behavior.

--
Ben Smith  MCSE, MCT, MVP

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Post by Craz.. » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Problem is i need to move exchange to a new server that will function
as our new pdc > exchange is on the old pdc now , i set up the new
server as a bdc loaded exchange and the service packs  now i can see
the exchange receipants and there folders on the new server(bdc) but
when i change the bdc to the pdc i cant start any exchange services on
the new server . I know this is a bit much to ask for someone to tell
me in a newsgroup post but could you point me to some good liturature
or a good readme .
 thanks
Crazy~Rat

Move exchange from one server to another

Post by Craz.. » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:28:34 -0500, "Ben Smith"

>How did you move Exchange to the new server?  (See the faq below)  If you
>just moved the databases, then you are seeing the expected behavior.

 i named the new exchange server the same name as the old one and it
synced i can see all the reciepants and folders but cant start the
services once i promote the new server