Using MS Exchange as Gateway between Internet and X.400 with address conversion???

Using MS Exchange as Gateway between Internet and X.400 with address conversion???

Post by Egbert Alber » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hello

is ist possible to use MS Exchange as Gateway between Internet(SMTP) and
X.400 Mail with the according Address translations?

For Example

I have one Exchange Server with Internet Mail Connector and X.400 Connector
Configured. This Server should work as an relay.

An other Exchange Server is configured with Internet Mail Connector and
forwards all SMTP mail to the first Exchange SErver.

What I wnt to do is the following

delivered the normal SMTP-Way.

Adress f.e. C=DE;A=DBP;P=mouse;S=Mouse;G=Mickey and then delivered through
an defined X.400 Connection.

I've tried something in the address space register card of the IMC from
Server1 but had no success.

Any tips ?????

regards
Egbert

--
_______________________________________
Egbert Albert

Tel     : +49 711 77075 31
FAX   : +49 711 77936 31
Mobil : 0172 7208265

Using MS Exchange as Gateway between Internet and X.400 with address conversion???

Post by Volkmar Eic » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Ich kenne keinen Weg um die beschriebene Adressumsetzung mit einem Standard
MSX-Server durchzufhren.
Als L?sung sehe ich die folgenden M?glichkeiten:

1. Connector (evtl. Dummy-Connector fr die Adre?umsetzung) selbst
programmieren
2. Nutzung von Custom-Recipients (ohne ber diesen Zweig weiter nachgedacht
zu haben...)

Volkmar Eich

Egbert Albert schrieb in Nachricht ...

>Hello

>is ist possible to use MS Exchange as Gateway between Internet(SMTP) and
>X.400 Mail with the according Address translations?

>For Example

>I have one Exchange Server with Internet Mail Connector and X.400 Connector
>Configured. This Server should work as an relay.

>An other Exchange Server is configured with Internet Mail Connector and
>forwards all SMTP mail to the first Exchange SErver.

>What I wnt to do is the following

>delivered the normal SMTP-Way.

>Adress f.e. C=DE;A=DBP;P=mouse;S=Mouse;G=Mickey and then delivered through
>an defined X.400 Connection.

>I've tried something in the address space register card of the IMC from
>Server1 but had no success.

>Any tips ?????

>regards
>Egbert

>--
>_______________________________________
>Egbert Albert
>Raiffeisenstrasse 36
>70794 Filderstadt

>Tel     : +49 711 77075 31
>FAX   : +49 711 77936 31
>Mobil : 0172 7208265

1. Using MS Exchange as Gateway between Internet and X.400 with address conversion???

[...]

2. UNDELIVERABLE-->SPECIFIED ACCOUNT

3. Disabling Modify Members in Distribution Lists

4. Deleting multiple items in Outlook

5. Public Folder Replication Problem

6. mail sent to internet uses X-400 address

7. SMTP to X.400 address conversion

8. X.400 used as reply address vs SMTP address

9. Exchange's internal X.400 directory versus X.400 user addresses