Faxination

Post by E. Rodney Jone » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I'm working with Fenestrae Faxination for Microsoft Exchange Version 4.0.  I
am not able to send *.PDF files through the faxination server although I
have installed Adobe Acrobat 4.0 (not just the reader).  Anyone has gotten
this feature to work please respond.

Faxination

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I'd try contacting faxination ...

--
David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
Exchange MVP  Ottawa, Canada

Quote:> I'm working with Fenestrae Faxination for Microsoft Exchange Version 4.0.
> am not able to send *.PDF files through the faxination server although I
> have installed Adobe Acrobat 4.0 (not just the reader).  Anyone has gotten
> this feature to work please respond.

Faxination

Post by Cristina Mai » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

What for?
Fenestrae has the worst support I have ever seen. Shortly after buying
Faxination 3.0 we detected that it was loosing faxes under certain
circunstances, so we reported the problem to Fenestrae and to the local
representatives. After insisting over and over again, we got an answer from
Fenestrae saying we shouldn't bother them with that, we should talk with the
local representatives. We have been waiting for TWO YEARS for an answer to
Faxination 3.0 problems, from Fenestrae and from the representatives. We
even asked them if our problems were solved in release 4.0, and they didn't
answer either ...

> I'd try contacting faxination ...

> --
> David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
> Exchange MVP  Ottawa, Canada
> Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > I'm working with Fenestrae Faxination for Microsoft Exchange Version
4.0.
> > am not able to send *.PDF files through the faxination server although I
> > have installed Adobe Acrobat 4.0 (not just the reader).  Anyone has
gotten
> > this feature to work please respond.

Faxination

Post by Craig Egg » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I will second that sentiment.  Support from Fenestrae is pitiful, and their
white paper solutions leave much to be desired.  Various registry edits must
accomplished to actually make their product work properly, and those are
only available if you pay an outrageous fee for support....we are looking
for a more prudent alternative to their product.

--
Craig Egge

> What for?
> Fenestrae has the worst support I have ever seen. Shortly after buying
> Faxination 3.0 we detected that it was loosing faxes under certain
> circunstances, so we reported the problem to Fenestrae and to the local
> representatives. After insisting over and over again, we got an answer
from
> Fenestrae saying we shouldn't bother them with that, we should talk with
the
> local representatives. We have been waiting for TWO YEARS for an answer to
> Faxination 3.0 problems, from Fenestrae and from the representatives. We
> even asked them if our problems were solved in release 4.0, and they
didn't
> answer either ...

> > I'd try contacting faxination ...

> > --
> > David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
> > Exchange MVP  Ottawa, Canada
> > Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > > I'm working with Fenestrae Faxination for Microsoft Exchange Version
> 4.0.
> > > am not able to send *.PDF files through the faxination server although
> > > have installed Adobe Acrobat 4.0 (not just the reader).  Anyone has
> gotten
> > > this feature to work please respond.

Faxination

Faxination does not support Adobe Acrobat 4.0.  You must use version 3.0.