MSX 5.5, Server Rules ?, Address Convention ?

MSX 5.5, Server Rules ?, Address Convention ?

Post by News-EUne » Sat, 10 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello, dear  Exchange Server Experts

We have a MSX 5.5  (SP1) pretty well running since a month. It is now the
moment where I find to do some fine tuning, and I would like to hear some
hints & tips for the "profi" scene.

1) Is there any chance to set a rule on the server side (Client =OL98) to
check the difference if a mail is coming from outside (dial in at ISP) or
from an other internal client.
Reason is to forward a copy of the (external) mail to the (with an e-mail
address equipped) cellular phone.
If I do it just in the MSX with "forward copy to ...." and set all the
"internals" into a negative list, every internal sender gets a sysop message
that the message (of course only the copy to the cellular) can't be
delivered. Which is not so fine in internal mailing.

2)  Who knows a possibility to set more than one client (OL98) to the same
"sender" e-mail address. MSX does principially just allow one address per
client.
Reason  for that is: Our ISP has just enabled less e-mail addresses for our
company than we have internal clients. Otherwise I would like to give some

It  is easy to have a group called "office" and distribute the mail among
these participants
But most of the people receiving an e-mail just press the  "answer" -
button, and in theis case the mail returns to an unknown user, which neither
comes to the sysop, or respectively to the sender.

Any ideas are highly welcom

Greetings from Vienna / AUSTRIA

Gerry

1. MSX 5.5, Server Rules ?, Address Convention ?

[...]

2. MAPI/VAPI NAV mode - error copying emils

3. Refusing mail from a domain...

4. Out of Office Rules

5. MSX 5.5 to MSX 2000 Upgrade

6. Unable to join Exchange 5.5 Org :(

7. Rules wizard and Exchange server 5.5 running out of space to store rules

8. Adding a new server to an existing site (MSX 5.5)

9. Moving MSX Server 5.5 SP2 to new hardware

10. Installing new 5.5 MSX server

11. email address naming conventions