Change NT Domain Name with Exchange Server already installed

Change NT Domain Name with Exchange Server already installed

Post by Dave Horn » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 04:15:26

For training purposes, I need to have the ability to change the name of
an NT Domain Server following an image restore, and have the Exchange
Server recognize that it is on the new domain.  I don't want to have to
export and re-install Exchange.  There has got to be away to let
Exchange know that the name of the server and the name of the domain
that it is on as a single PDC, what the new name is.  Anybody got an
idea?

Change NT Domain Name with Exchange Server already installed

Post by Jack Packe » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 06:24:03

Training purposes in a production environment?

Must be a fun place to werk.

Quote:> For training purposes, I need to have the ability to change the name of
> an NT Domain Server following an image restore, and have the Exchange
> Server recognize that it is on the new domain.  I don't want to have to
> export and re-install Exchange.  There has got to be away to let
> Exchange know that the name of the server and the name of the domain
> that it is on as a single PDC, what the new name is.  Anybody got an
> idea?

1. Domain Name Change for Exchange 5.5 on Win NT 4.0 Server

We have the task assigned of changing our domain name to exclude the
underscore (_).  The previous network admin liked using the underscore _ in
all of our server names and our domain name.  We have already finished the
task of changing our server names to exclude the _, but still need to remove
it from our domain name.  Our current domain name is NTD_1, and we would
like to change it to a name without the underscore _.

What steps will be required to accomodate this change for our Exchange
server?  Is there any Knowledge Base artivles that will help with this?

Thanks,
John

2. Combo Box List

3. How to change NT 4 domain name and MESE 5.5 Site Name

4. Migrate.exe Error, Cannot Modify Inbox Rules (Exchange 5.5)

5. Only the domain name for the email server instead of machine name .domain name/exchange

6. Event ID: 4097 (pid=261)

7. Unable to access exchange for users already login an NT domain

8. HELP! Internet Mail Service stopped working!

9. if my nt domain name is different than my internet domain name

10. Changing the NT-domain name.

11. Changing the Windows NT domain name

12. What if we change NT Domain Name?

13. changing my NT domain name