Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found.

Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found.

Post by Barry G. Sumpte » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,
    I'm having lots of flaky problems with programming Outlook form.

Each custom form I try to load gives me the error:
    "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form
instead.  The object could not be found."

But the form loads anyway.

When I
    Tools | Forms | Design this form ....
    The form changes to design mode
    but when I click the Actions tab I get the error:
        "Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be
found."

I reinstalled outlook98 and ie4 etc..   to no avail.

I've also look thru the July MSDN.  No help there either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry G. Sumpter

Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found.

Post by HollisDPaulaliashd » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Barry,

Quote:> Each custom form I try to load gives me the error:
>     "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an
> Outlook form
> instead.  The object could not be found."

> But the form loads anyway.

Where did you publish the form and how are you starting the load?

 Sending from beautiful, midtown Mukilteo
 4.02 build 244 (32-bit)for WG, Win95, Sun, 27 Sep 1998 07:51 PDT

Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found.

Post by Barry G. Sumpte » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hollis,
Excellent question.
Because of this error and / or releated problems.  I keep getting a mapi
error when trying to publish to any folder.  So I can't actually publish the
form.

I can only execute the .oft.

I'm thinking its something to do with the Actions Tab refering to itself as
a form which has not been published ???????

>Barry,

>> Each custom form I try to load gives me the error:
>>     "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an
>> Outlook form
>> instead.  The object could not be found."

>> But the form loads anyway.

>Where did you publish the form and how are you starting the load?

> Sending from beautiful, midtown Mukilteo
> 4.02 build 244 (32-bit)for WG, Win95, Sun, 27 Sep 1998 07:51 PDT

Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found.

Post by Jeff Aubr » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

remove all the published form for the folder

Take a look on the c:\winnt(windows)\forms folder and
destruct all folders and files except the config folder

close Outlook

republish your form

and enjoy

>Barry,

>> Each custom form I try to load gives me the error:
>>     "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an
>> Outlook form
>> instead.  The object could not be found."

>> But the form loads anyway.

>Where did you publish the form and how are you starting the load?

> Sending from beautiful, midtown Mukilteo
> 4.02 build 244 (32-bit)for WG, Win95, Sun, 27 Sep 1998 07:51 PDT

1. Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be found.

Hi all,
    I'm having lots of flaky problems with programming Outlook form.

Each custom form I try to load gives me the error:
    "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form
instead.  The object could not be found."

But the form loads anyway.

When I
    Tools | Forms | Design this form ....
    The form changes to design mode
    but when I click the Actions tab I get the error:
        "Could not install the custom actions. The object could not be
found."

I reinstalled outlook98 and ie4 etc..   to no avail.

I've also look thru the July MSDN.  No help there either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry G. Sumpter

2. Retrieve conference room names from Exchange

3. Visual Basic/CDO/Exchange - Folder Binding Info

4. Outlook Custom Form does not display Custom Actions if the item was created from CDO

5. Recommendation: Beginning Exchange Books

6. item could not be displayed/object could not be found error message

7. Internet outbound mail : plain text / HTML mismatch

8. MTA not starting: Errorlog - Queue-Desc-Object not found

9. SMTP NOT FOUND OR NOT INSTALLED????

10. smtp;553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed

11. 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed