Create Addressbook Entry programatically ???

Create Addressbook Entry programatically ???

Post by Lyor Goldste » Fri, 07 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        I am looking for a way to create an entry (be it a recipient or a
list) in an addressbook (GAL or PAB). I would like to do this without
having any need for dialog boxes or such GUI - i.e. pure programming.
The VC++ documentation about MAPI seems to always end up with a need
to specify a "template" for creating a user (which is another way of
saying "you need GUI").

Sample source code would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Lyor G.
Lyor Goldstein
CTI2 (CTI Square)
Technologies Group Leader

http://www.cti2.com

1. Outlook 2000 and Exchange Server 5.5 - You cannot create entries for this addressbook

When I'm trying to add addresses to the Global Address List I get this message
"You cannot create entries for this addressbook"

Is there a way to add entries from a workstation ?

I'm running Outlook 2000 on a NT 4.0 Workstation with Service Pack 5 in Swedish language versions. I also have administrative rights.

I'm running Exchange Server 5.5 with Service Pack 3 on at NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5 in English language version.

Thankful for help

Andy

2. X.400 DDAs

3. How to Copy Global Addressbook entry to Personal Addressbook through vb program

4. Service Pack 2 - imcadmin.dll

5. MS Mail Migration Wizard

6. How to add entry to address book programatically

7. Exchange Server HELP -- Urgent!

8. How to create a mailbox programatically ?

9. How to create a mailbox in exchange programatically.

10. Programatically creating a public folder

11. Creating exchange accounts programatically

12. Attempting to create programatically Outlook 2000 custom forms in VB 6