Exchange server performance drop after several days

Exchange server performance drop after several days

Post by Danny de Meye » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello again,

I have been monitoring the server for quite qome time now, but could not
see anything that indicates a memory leak. Can you tell me which parameters
to check specifically in search for memory leak?
Where can I find the post SP4 hotfix?
Some additional information:

        - server config : Compaq Prosignia 500 (P120), 160 MB RAM, 3 x 4.3GB HD
in RAID 5 (total ~6 GB free HD space), 10-base-T network, server is
doubling        as BDC
        - organisation: multi site (number of sites connected at this time ~30,
total   number of users in all sites ~9000)
        - it seems that the network connection is getting slow: pinging to and
from    this server results in timeouts after a few days

Thanks in advance

> >I'm having a strange problem with my Exchange Server 4.0 (SP4).
> >When I do a shutdown and restart of the server (NT 4.0 SP3), my Exchange
> >Server is running very well. After a few days, the performance drops
> >progressively unti I reboot the machine again. Otherwise, all services
are
> >running fine except for this problem.

> Do you have the post-SP4 hotfix installed? On the face of it it sounds
> like a memory leak. Have you monitored anything with PerfMon?
> Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
> Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

Exchange server performance drop after several days

Post by Sam Bro » Fri, 05 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have seen the Schedule+ free/busy connector cause this problem.  If
you are running that service, you might try stopping it for a few days
to see if it eliminates the problem.

>Hello again,

>I have been monitoring the server for quite qome time now, but could not
>see anything that indicates a memory leak. Can you tell me which parameters
>to check specifically in search for memory leak?
>Where can I find the post SP4 hotfix?
>Some additional information:

>    - server config : Compaq Prosignia 500 (P120), 160 MB RAM, 3 x 4.3GB HD
>in RAID 5 (total ~6 GB free HD space), 10-base-T network, server is
>doubling    as BDC
>    - organisation: multi site (number of sites connected at this time ~30,
>total       number of users in all sites ~9000)
>    - it seems that the network connection is getting slow: pinging to and
>from        this server results in timeouts after a few days

>Thanks in advance

>> >I'm having a strange problem with my Exchange Server 4.0 (SP4).
>> >When I do a shutdown and restart of the server (NT 4.0 SP3), my Exchange
>> >Server is running very well. After a few days, the performance drops
>> >progressively unti I reboot the machine again. Otherwise, all services
>are
>> >running fine except for this problem.

>> Do you have the post-SP4 hotfix installed? On the face of it it sounds
>> like a memory leak. Have you monitored anything with PerfMon?
>> Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
>> Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

1. Exchange server performance drop after several days

Hello again,

I have been monitoring the server for quite qome time now, but could not
see anything that indicates a memory leak. Can you tell me which parameters
to check specifically in search for memory leak?
Where can I find the post SP4 hotfix?
Some additional information:

        - server config : Compaq Prosignia 500 (P120), 160 MB RAM, 3 x 4.3GB HD
in RAID 5 (total ~6 GB free HD space), 10-base-T network, server is
doubling        as BDC
        - organisation: multi site (number of sites connected at this time ~30,
total   number of users in all sites ~9000)
        - it seems that the network connection is getting slow: pinging to and
from    this server results in timeouts after a few days

Thanks in advance

2. E2k in a domain other than the root level domain??

3. Can't change Permissions in MBX (Exchange 200)

4. Unknow mail recipients

5. two versions of owa on the same web server

6. Same message sent several times over several days

7. Exchange Slows down several times a day

8. Information Store stops several times per day

9. Cannot see delegate emails after several days