Controlling Personal Folders using automation

Controlling Personal Folders using automation

Post by Jaimin Pate » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi folks,

I am trying to get list of folders in Outlook which includes everything
from user's Mailbox, Public Folders to Personal folders using Outlook
automation object. The problem that I am having is when I start querying
for the folders, if the user has not yet opened his Personal Folders,
then Outlook displays its standard dialog for entering the password for
Personal Folder. I want to control this from my program. That is I want
to be able to check for Personal Folder and open it from within my code
instead of letting Outlook prompt for password. Moreover, if the user
clicks Cancel in this Outlook dialog, my program doesn't get any error
code and it tries to proceed where eventually it crashes. I am trying to
do this in VB but any kind of solution (whether in VC++ or other) is
appreciated.

Thanks

Jaimin Patel
http://www.corex.com

1. Controlling Personal Folders using automation

[...]

2. Messages sent from <>

3. Programmatically Posting Office Document to Public Folder using Outlook Automation

4. Right Strategy

5. Using offline folders in combination with personal folders

6. Overlapped I/O

7. Personal Folders vs. no Personal Folders

8. Multiple Profile

9. Using post VBA control with exel doc and public folders

10. Can't view personal contacts folder using OWA

11. Using Automation To Send A Microsoft Exchange Message

12. Creating Outlook Items using Outlook Automation interface

13. OLE automation error using SchedulePlus 7.0