Exchange 5.5 server migration

Post by M. Shawoos » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:03:22

To restore the full server with all connectors and
configuration, you need to:

Backup the directory information in addition to other
directories (MDBDATA, MTADATA, DSADATA,...etc.)

Install new server using same name and same organization.

Restore directory information then make sure all services
are running before you restore public and private data.

Restore your data then run ISINTEG -patch from
\\exchsrvr\bin

Start IS and other services

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Guys, we need to replace our existing exchange 5.5
server with a new
>server with more capacity and better performance. A few
ways we can do it
>ive discovered is...

>1. add the new server to the site and move mailboxes

over, easy peasy, but
Quote:>how do move connectors and config settings such as prv
store limits etc,
>custom contacts, DL's etc ? We would also like to rename
the server back to
>the name of the original server once its complete, but im
pretty sure this
>is not possible ? Have i left any important steps out ?

>2. The other way is to build the new server with the same
name etc and use
>exmerge or export/import the mailboxes over or copy the
database files in
>off-line mode over to the new server, but once again, how
about connectors,
>custom contacts DL's and custom config settings on

protocols or prv store
Quote:>etc whatever ?

>The public folders are easy done, we don't have many but
its the nitty
>gritty config changes we've made over the years that id
prefer to not have
>to reconfig on the new server. Which is the easiest way
or is there another
>and better way ?

>regards
>David

>.

1. Exchange 5.5 server migration

[...]

2. Develop mail client program (incoming & outgoing)

3. Exchange 5.5 server Migration

4. multi-domain

5. Exchange 5.5 server migration

6. Delivering to Public Folders

7. Exchange 5.5 system requirements

8. Migration Exchange Server 5.5 to another Server

9. Migration from AIX - Netscape Messaging Server 3.6 to Exchange Server 5.5

10. Migration from exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 server