SBS2k, Exchange 2k, OWA, and Windows XP Pro

SBS2k, Exchange 2k, OWA, and Windows XP Pro

Post by Jaso » Mon, 08 Apr 2002 08:46:47

Hello all,

I recently set up the following config:

Server running SBS2K, Exchange 2000 w/SP2, and Outlook
Web Acces (OWA).

This is all sitting behind a Cisco PIX at my company.

My problem happens with I VPN into the PIX and then
access OWA or just
access OWA without VPN. (using
Http://my.IP.address/exchange)

When I access OWA using Windows XP Home from outside my
LAN it works very
fast and has no problems what so ever.

When I access OWA using Windows XP PRO from outside my
LAN it run VERY slow
and takes for ever to load, if it ever does.

I am using the same DSL connection to access OWA so I
know it isn't the
connection.

The only thing that I can think of is pro is running
slower since I am not
logging into the domain to access it. Since pro supports
domain access and
home doesn't.

I also notice that when I use PRO it asks for auth 2 or 3
times before it
starts to load the OWA. Also when I use home, the
username is just the usual
log on name. But when I use Pro, it puts the IP of the
server (either the
external or internal depending on if I VPN first) before
the user name, as
in xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/username.

I have had a couple of different people log on to my OWA
from different ISPs
and different computers, using both PRO and Home, and
everytime PRO is VERY
slow.

What would be the cause and solution to this problem? I
am guessing it is
something to do with not logging into the domain but not
100% sure how to do
that.

(PS. the 2 laptops I am using at home to try this both
are just on a
workgroup since I don't run a domain at home. One Laptop
has Pro and the
other has Home. Same network config on each.)

Thanks for any help.

Jason

SBS2k, Exchange 2k, OWA, and Windows XP Pro

Post by Jaso » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 06:25:27

Duh,

Replaced the IP address with the domain when logging into
with Pro.

The easiet answer is always the last one to show itself.

I knew I would find it after I post.

Thanks for reading,.

Jason

Quote:>-----Original Message-----