I need help with MBMRIGATE

Post by Luke Plaizie » Sun, 08 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to move my users from one Organization to Another using the
Microsoft Mailbox Migration Tool. This seems to be the only way I can
rebuild my system with a new Organization Name (using an offline server).

The documentation in Technet appears to refer to a different version of the
Tool - since I am unable to create a recipients file - my only way appears
to be with the Control File. But the Mailbox Migration Tool I have (From the
Backofice Resource Kit) keeps responding with errors when I try to run it.
When the fields in my control file are empty, the tool whinges one by one
until I feel out the right details. However, when I run the tool with just
one Mailbox, it still responds with an error - that the
Organisation/Site/Mailbox name is wrong.

The only thing I can think of is that the old Organisation Name I have has
spaces in it - I have even enclosed that field in Quotes to try and get
around it - but to no avail.

Are there any updated documentation on the MBMIGRATE tool - or -are there
any other tools that let me move a Mailbox from One Organisation to
another????

Luke Plaizier

NT Administrator

Calortex - Swindon - UK

1. I need help with MBMRIGATE

[...]

2. Exporting/Importing Address Lists

3. SMTP Relay - Duplicate Emails

4. disregard my last post, I have sorted it.

5. Urgent Help Needed

6. NEED HELP ASAP --- Outbound messages waiting delivery --- NEED HELP ASAP

7. Urgent.......Help Needed...Urgent.......Help Needed...Urgent.......Help Needed...

8. Help needed with exchange error message needed

9. Help, I need somebody help!

10. Need help restoring exchange 5.5!!! HELP!!1